dstt with dslinux can it be?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by meomun_1329, Feb 2, 2008.

Feb 2, 2008
  1. meomun_1329
    OP

Newcomer meomun_1329 Newbie

Australia
    Hi every body i'm a new member. I had just bought a new [​IMG] and I started to find some home brew software. I find ones name dslinux which they can use to connect to the internet with out a special modem. But i cannot use it as a .nds normal file. So [​IMG] [​IMG] can you guys tell me why and help me solve this problem?
    thanks

2. neogba

Member neogba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You'll need extra RAM in a slot-2 (GBA) cartridge for DSlinux (to run from your slot-1 / NDS cart and flash drive). DLDI should patch any program to work with your cart to (FAT) drive combo.

Get a GBA Expansion Pak and you'll have the extra RAM for home brew and GBA ability too. There are many good old GBA (one screen) games. Instead of getting a full slot-2 cart with it's own drive, you can get the EWIN (or clone) GBA Expansion Pak. It uses an NDS program to load GBAs (fast) into the slot-2 from your slot-1 drive; one by one. It's drag and drop (games) too. I like it.

3. neogba

Member neogba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    BTW. There's a version of DSOrganize that does WiFi, a WiFi site survey (yes on the portable DS!), web browsing (kinda), IRC and free demo downloads. It does not use the weird "Nintendo" protocol, it uses TCP/IP thus regular Internet. You'll need access to a local "AP" (Internet wireless WiFi Router/Gateway/NAT).

Of course, for a better (but not perfect) web browser, you'll want opera for the DS (and maybe the patch for the EWIN because you'll need slot-2 RAM for this too).

4. meomun_1329
    OP

Australia
    thanks for answer but i don't want to buy a expansion card so can i use the other way to suffing the internet?

5. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    without expansion pack DSLinux doesnt seems to work...

There are 3 very good browsers:

1. DSOrganize Webbrowser: The speed is acceptable, you can enable smal-image renderer~ Download: http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

2. DSHoBro: It renders on the PC and sends an screen to the DS ~ Its an bit older but an nice way to surf~ Download: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=969

3. Bunjallo: An browser wich supports pages very well. seems to have cookie support, renders some images (iv heard, but not tested o0 Before Iv started to use the DSO-Browser Iv always used that browser, because its very fast since it doesnt used DLDI for pagerendering)~ Download: http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/downloads/list

6. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    why it doesnt login? whenever I use .nds version, it keeps asking my login and password.

7. meomun_1329
    OP

Australia
    with those 3 web browser do i need an expansion pack? I had try with out it but none of those web browser work. so sad. can you show me the way using it with out expansion pack? thank you

8. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

user: root
    pass: uClinux

9. meomun_1329
    OP

Australia
    i think you have the wrong idea about my question. ds linux doen not work with dstt cad it freeze i cannot enter any word. otherwise. thank you coz answer me

10. meomun_1329
    OP

Australia
    I can not understand why DSHobro always notice me that it can not connect to the network. And button try again seems not work. although i reboot my DS i still have the same result. help me plz

11. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    he answered my question.

12. redspeed0

Newcomer redspeed0 Newbie

Canada
    i tried the web browser from DSOrganize. I was able to open some website but i was not bale to log-in on my emails both gmail and yahoo. I also don't have an expansion pak.

i heard about Bunjalloo but I don't know what to do after downloading the file. Help please.. my card is DSTT. (just got it today)

13. Seina

Newcomer Seina Advanced Member

United States
  14. chrisman01

Member chrisman01 GBAtemp Fan

United States

NOT TRUE

I installed it on my DSTT (the kind that's listed as on sale on ndstt.com), and it worked fine. [​IMG]

I don't have a slot-2, however, so I deleted it since I couldn't use any apps. [​IMG]

15. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Since this is a similar topic, how do I start browsing the internet on ds linux? I have a m3 slot 2 and supercard 1 sdhc.

16. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Type "wnc" and press Enter to launch the wifi configuration thing. Once you're connected (wifi light blinking quickly), type "retawq" or "links" to launch the browser you want to use.