Hacking DSTT w/ M3 Lite vs. Supercard Lite

idunnowho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the use of DSTT with a Slot-2 microsd cart. I wasn't sure where this applied to, so I put it in DSTT section because that's the Slot-1 I have. I need a Slot-2 just for running GBA roms and would like a seperate microsd for the roms/saves.

I was wondering if I had one of the the two mentioned Slot-2 carts, would it boot directly to the DSTT or the Slot-2 upon turning on the DS?
Also, which one of the two would be a better choice? This is what I know so far:

Supercard Lite:

+cheaper ?
+built in legacy emus (won't use or need)
-top loading, which I don't like
-only supports microsd, no microsdhc

M3 Lite
+better build quality
+built in legacy emus (won't use or need)
+side loading microsd, which is good
+comes with three different color shells
-more expensive ?

I also read that you need to patch GBA roms to work with either of these, but they do come with the correct software, right? Any instructions or tips on how to do this or is it even necessary.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also would be good to know where to find either cards for good-okay prices.

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, a few things:

1. You do not need the DSTT to run GBA roms for either of these. They run independently using their own software/firmware.
2.Do NOT get a Supercard to run GBA roms. You will regret it later!
3. This is the cheapest place you'll be able to get an M3 Lite (fortunately the shipping is free
gbasp.gif
http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-lite-p-1610.html)

That should answer all your questions
happy.gif

(oh, and just in case I didn't make myself clear the first time, Do NOT get a Supercard to run GBA roms. You will regret it!

idunnowho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IceRentoraa29 said:
Okay, a few things:

1. You do not need the DSTT to run GBA roms for either of these. They run independently using their own software/firmware.
2.Do NOT get a Supercard to run GBA roms. You will regret it later!
3. This is the cheapest place you'll be able to get an M3 Lite (fortunately the shipping is free
gbasp.gif
http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-lite-p-1610.html)

That should answer all your questions
happy.gif

(oh, and just in case I didn't make myself clear the first time, Do NOT get a Supercard to run GBA roms. You will regret it!

Thanks for the response. I know I don't need the DSTT, but I have it already running DS ROMs, and I need the M3 Lite JUST for GBA ROMS. What reasons why I shouldn't use the Supercard Lite for GBA ROMS, I see that it is substantially cheaper and would like to know why.

Thanks again.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you use YSMenu, you might consider a GBA expansion cart like the EZFlash 3-in-1+. It doesn't have its own microSD slot, but it's cheaper and would allow you to put your NDS and GBA ROMs on the same microSD card if you wanted to, or you could still put them on two separate microSD cards (you'd just have to remove one and put in the other one to play the GBA games).

-Bri

idunnowho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
If you use YSMenu, you might consider a GBA expansion cart like the EZFlash 3-in-1+. It doesn't have its own microSD slot, but it's cheaper and would allow you to put your NDS and GBA ROMs on the same microSD card if you wanted to, or you could still put them on two separate microSD cards (you'd just have to remove one and put in the other one to play the GBA games).

-Bri

That sounds like a good idea, I've been finding The 3-in-1s for less than $20. One concern I have is about the loading times, would it be any slower than, say, a Supercard Lite? Also, is YSMenu installing as simple as 1-9 from your FAQ, and then I would be able to flawlessly run GBA ROMS?

Thanks.

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was worried about the EZFlashes memory. What exactly is the deal with it? Do GBA games load from my Slot 1 card and are moved to the memory? Do I have the flash it on my computer? Does every GBA game run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...