Hacking DSTT Major Problems

ScumHater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well where to start. The little un got a new DS Lite for her Birthday back in April, got her a DSTT a few weeks ago and I've been around the Internet twice now trying to get it to work.
cry.gif
Yesterday her DS broke so I took it back this morning and got a brand new one as a replacement. I have 2 brand new 2Gb Kingston Micro SD cards and have formatted both as FAT and FAT32 under Xp. I did get the DSTT to work with a ROM of Mario Party and it created a .sav file but when I switched the DS back on, nothing, just the usual touch screen message. I downloaded the latest firmware from the official site today as it was running v 1.10. One thing I did notice is that there are only 2 files/folders on the latest version. People are saying that when the DSTT boots it creates the SYS file. I had to load the SYS file on from v 1.07 to get Mario Party to work but as I said it's not working now. I've reformatted both SD cards God knows how many times and occasionally I get the DSTT to boot but it's as rare as hens teeth. I've tried taking the battery out of the DS and setting it up again but no joy with that. I've used the supplied card reader, a USB one of my own and the built in one on my laptop but nothing seems to be working. I've bent the DSTT card in case of poor contact, stuck down 4 pieces of thin paper on the back to push the contacts in tighter but no joy with any of that. I'm really pulling my hair out here. Anybody offer anything else to try before I bin the DSTT card and save my sanity.

mad.gif

Gaz

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You could try cleaning the contacts on the dstt itself, but it just sounds like a duff cart unfortunately
frown.gif

If you press the cart in and out of the cart slot multiple times and as i said clean the contacts you might get it to boot.

ScumHater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I've cleaned the contacts but no joy. One thing I have done this morning which I read somewhere was to boot the DSTT with a blank SD card in it. Well this works. I get a red SD card icon saying menu on the top screen. I've loaded onto the SD card with all firmwares from v 1.07 to 1.11 but none boot. So is the DSTT faulty? I contacted Kingston with the serial numbers etc off the SD cards in case they were fake but they assure me that they are genuine.

Gaz

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ScumHater said:
Ok I've cleaned the contacts but no joy. One thing I have done this morning which I read somewhere was to boot the DSTT with a blank SD card in it. Well this works. I get a red SD card icon saying menu on the top screen. I've loaded onto the SD card with all firmwares from v 1.07 to 1.11 but none boot. So is the DSTT faulty? I contacted Kingston with the serial numbers etc off the SD cards in case they were fake but they assure me that they are genuine.

Gaz

install 1.10 then install 1.11 over the top of it and it should work
smile.gif

also use FAT not FAT32 and some roms dont work trimmed so if you trimming dont trim
wink.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're either installing the firmware incorrectly, you have a bad microSD card, your files are being corrupted by the crappy microSD reader that comes with the DSTT, or you have a bad DSTT.

To install the firmware, just drag TTMENU.DAT file and the TTMENU folder with its contents to your microSD card. Then make a folder named "games" and drop one or two clean (untrimmed) .nds files into the "games" folder. Be sure to use the "safely remove hardware" utility in Windows.

If it still doesn't work, try a different card reader. If it still doesn't work, try a different microSD card. If it still doesn't work, it may be a bad DSTT.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi