Hacking DSTT Help

DSTTKOOPA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I need help with my new DSTT I got from dealwoot.com a couple of days ago. I put the latest firmware on it 1.16 and I had the two folders in my microsd card through the usb. I have 3 files on my card. the two regular ones and one folder called "Games" I put just 1 game in there to test it out I put super princess peach. I turned it on every thing works fine. I click super princess peach to start to play it and I get this message ERR:Load Save file failed. I have no Idea what that means. I've tried with multiple gams the same thing. and after that when i reboot it. It give me a face that says menu? So i pluged my micro sd in the usb i look in my folder of my dstt micro sd and i have a bunch of weird folder names. I have to reformate everytime.the files here
kdpxr4.jpg
. It works fine for 1 boot up but then when I restart it says menu? and I have already put the menu and all the files needed to make it run. I need help
mad.gif

DSTTKOOPA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 5 minutes ago and there is still the same problem? Whats wrong with my dstt It wont boot up games because of an error and I can't turn it on more than once without it corrupting

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, try this. Remove your microSD card from your DSTT and then turn on the NDS. If you get a "No Card" icon, then the problem may not be with your DSTT.

Now, format your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter. Get it here: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

Get the 1.15 version of the firmware from the download section of this site. Unpack the archive, and put the "TTMENU" folder and the "TTMENU.DAT" file onto your microSD card. The "TTMENU" folder should contain a bunch of files.

Then make a "games" folder and put one or two .nds files in it.

Then use the "safely remove hardware" utility, making sure you actually click on your card and press "stop" and wait for it to tell you that it's safe to remove your card before you remove your microSD card.

-Bri

ETA: Here's a thread that describes symptoms similar to yours. Unfortunately, it was a bad DSTT, and it had to be returned for a new one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77016

DSTTKOOPA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not loading my roms. I put in super mario 64 and mario and luigi partners in time. Im using a 1gb sandisk. still getting the ERR:Load SAVE file failed.
unsure.gif
im upset I really want to use this

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you can try that, but it shouldn't matter.

If you did everything I listed above and it still doesn't work (and you're sure you did it correctly) then you'll probably need to return it for a new one.

Or better yet, return it for a better flash cart (Acekard 2, Edge, SCDS1, or CycloDS). My favorite is the Acekard 2, and it only costs a few dollars more than the DSTT at dealextreme.com.

-Bri

DSTTKOOPA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think my memory stick is fake ? I got it off dealwoot.com along with mydstt i payed 32$ I got a real dstt but I think a fake 1 gig memory stick

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that it's the microSD card, but my guess is that it's the DSTT. To know for sure you'll have to try it with another microSD card.

-Bri

Dark_Void

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have 3 files on my card. the two regular ones and one folder called "Games"

Although it sounds like you are having trouble with your TF for sure that doesn't sound right to me at all.

Your TF should have TTMENU.DAT in the root and a single folder called TTMenu. Be sure to extract the full pathnames from the zip file. Then put a game in the root and see if it loads making sure to eject the TF each time you're done with it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's also possible that it's the microSD reader you're using. They have been known to corrupt microSD cards, particularly the crappy ones that come with flash carts.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica