Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DSTT has been running great for the past month. I downloaded roms, i used the menu, I got new skins... EVERYTHING was PERFECT! I even got new cheats from the cheat database here! but....just today put 3 new games on and it went bizarre... the files on my H: Drive (the MicroSD) started saying that the folders were empty. And I took it out and shoved the Micro SD into my DSTT. And when I tried to run any of my roms... it froze. Can anyone help?

And if it's corrupted, is there any way I can save all my save files and stuff before reformatting?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
hehe_moo said:
My DSTT has been running great for the past month. I downloaded roms, i used the menu, I got new skins... EVERYTHING was PERFECT! I even got new cheats from the cheat database here! but....just today put 3 new games on and it went bizarre... the files on my H: Drive (the MicroSD) started saying that the folders were empty. And I took it out and shoved the Micro SD into my DSTT. And when I tried to run any of my roms... it froze. Can anyone help?

Sounds like your MicroSD card is corrupted. Try reformatting it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can't see the files on Windows, I'm not sure you'll be able to recover them. You could attempt to run a file recovery program, but there's no guarantee that the files it recovers won't be corrupt.

It's always good practice to keep a backup of your microSD card on your hard drive (particularly your save files which can't be replaced).

-Bri

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks bri and hankchill. I keep a backup on the pc but when I tried putting a new backup on the weird stuff started happening. I'll just reformat later on. Again thx for ur help.

devastar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hehe_moo said:

And if it's corrupted, is there any way I can save all my save files and stuff before reformatting?

I had the exactly the same problem with my DSTT Make sure all the ROM's are in separate folders with the same name as each ROM without the extension.
heres the DSTT tutorial I used.

If you put all the ROM's in the same folder they fragment. The DSTT runs slow and freezes when you launch the game. make sure you format in FAT not FAT32

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I should have mentioned that you need to put all your games into a "games" folder and NOT on the root of your microSD card. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root. It's possible that having too many files at the root caused the corruption, although I've never heard of that. Usually if you have too many files at the root it just causes the DSTT to crash as it tries to create new save files, but you can usually still see all the files and correct the problem on the PC.

-Bri

bill4935

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Yes, I should have mentioned that you need to put all your games into a "games" folder and NOT on the root of your microSD card. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root. It's possible that having too many files at the root caused the corruption, although I've never heard of that. Usually if you have too many files at the root it just causes the DSTT to crash as it tries to create new save files, but you can usually still see all the files and correct the problem on the PC.

-Bri

That right there fixed my error. Thanks very much! This place is a great resource.

Also, since this is my first post ever as a new user, I have to ask - where are the ROMs?
biggrin.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
bill4935 said:
That right there fixed my error. Thanks very much! This place is a great resource.

Also, since this is my first post ever as a new user, I have to ask - where are the ROMs?
biggrin.gif

From The Rules"Warez" & ROMs

"Warez" is an internet term used to describe software, film, music, games and data piracy.
GBAtemp provides news and information on ROMs and general scene news ONLY.
We DO NOT HOST ROMs or provide links to websites that do contain ROMs.
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE LINKS for and to websites that provide ROMs for download.
We do not condone piracy in any way.
Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download and share ROM files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion only.

Need I say more? If you are after piracy, seek it elsewhere.

As a new user, you should have made it your obligation to read the forum rules before posting.

kgman

Trophies
XP
Country

-Bri

it did not work :cry:

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome, kgman. Perhaps if you can explain the problem you're having we might be able to help you better. Describe what happens after you turn on your NDS.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh