Hacking DSTT for $11.07, real or fake?

sumpm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Now that you can buy an Acekard 2 from dealextreme without a microSD reader for $12.99 ($13.99 with a reader), I can't think of a reason most people would want to buy a DSTT instead.

IMHO, the ONLY con of the Acekard 2: It doesn't load directly to the flashcard menu. Most other flashcards do this by default, as seen in videos:

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kjean said:
Hello? far better? but what about YSMenu?
it has DSTT core but same OS menu that borrowed or stolen from AK2.
blink.gif
Ysmenu isn't exclusively for DSTT. Scds1, Ak2 and R4 can use Ysmenu as it's menu if you really want to.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sumpm1 said:
I realize that, it would be a good OPTION

I know of no cart that provides the option, therefore I assume there's a technical reason why it must do one or the other. Given the choice, I prefer it the way the Acekard 2 does it.

You can set up your DS to go directly to the menu after the health screen by changing the option to automatically start the game in slot 1. You still have to click once to get past the health screen, but that's not a big deal.

If you're really opposed to the health screen there are two solutions: First, you can install FlashMe (if course, you have to be careful not to brick your DS) to bypass the health screen.

The second solution requires that you set up your DS to go directly to the slot 2 game, then clear your personal data by removing the battery, then reset the NDS without pressing the "A" button when entering your personal data. The advantage is that it's fully reversible and won't harm your DS. The disadvantage is that until you finish the initial setup (thus undoing this trick) you won't be able to get into the DS's menu to change settings, use download play, or use Pictochat. Details here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=902...p;#entry1203085

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1