Hacking DSTT cheat code editor problems

goldcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried loading the urscheat.dat file from my TTMenu Folder on my R4 Cheat Code Editor but everytime i try to open it the CCE (cheat code editor) just stops working, EVERYTIME.

ANd i've tried loading a urscheat.dat file for the R4 but the same thing happened.

How do i fix this?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the assumption that you just want to update your cheats, why not grab the newest cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net and be done with it? It's unlikely that you'll be able to do a better job than Narin of keeping your cheats updated, so why bother editing your own cheats? If there's a particular cheat that you know about that's not in the database, just have Narin add it to the database.

-Bri

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
goldcore said:
Sephiroth said:
Make sure you're not encrypting the file. It's a cheat.dat if you encrypt it.

sorry im a n00b and hav no idea what encrypting means. can you explain it more

cheat.dat is encrypted usrcheat.dat is not. when saving a cheat file to usrcheat.dat, make sure you uncheck the encrypt option.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the OP indicated that the cheat code editor crashes immediately upon opening the file. The DSTT uses USRCHEATS.DAT so encryption should not be the problem. But not having used the editor myself, I don't know whether it is supposed to actually be able to read USRCHEATS.DAT format, or if it only writes that format.

Either way, the cheat code editor isn't particularly useful for most people given that Narin keeps the gbatemp cheat code database up to date better than most people ever could.

-Bri

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I think the OP indicated that the cheat code editor crashes immediately upon opening the file. The DSTT uses USRCHEATS.DAT so encryption should not be the problem. But not having used the editor myself, I don't know whether it is supposed to actually be able to read USRCHEATS.DAT format, or if it only writes that format.

Either way, the cheat code editor isn't particularly useful for most people given that Narin keeps the gbatemp cheat code database up to date better than most people ever could.

-Bri
If usrcheat.dat is encrypted, it won't work. Same if cheat.dat is not encrypted

I must have misread the OP. Just use Narin's file and have him add the codes, one that work on WiFi are rejected.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
goldcore said:
Sephiroth said:
Make sure you're not encrypting the file. It's a cheat.dat if you encrypt it.

sorry im a n00b and hav no idea what encrypting means. can you explain it more

cheat.dat is encrypted usrcheat.dat is not. when saving a cheat file to usrcheat.dat, make sure you uncheck the encrypt option.

QUOTE(goldcore @ Jul 28 2008, 04:01 PM)
how can you save the urscheat.dat file without encrypting it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill