DSTT cheat code editor problems

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by goldcore, Jul 27, 2008.

Jul 27, 2008
  1. goldcore
    OP

Newcomer goldcore Member

United States
    I tried loading the urscheat.dat file from my TTMenu Folder on my R4 Cheat Code Editor but everytime i try to open it the CCE (cheat code editor) just stops working, EVERYTIME.

ANd i've tried loading a urscheat.dat file for the R4 but the same thing happened.

How do i fix this?

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Make sure you're not encrypting the file. It's a cheat.dat if you encrypt it.

3. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I was getting the same problem a few days ago, but then it worked when I loaded the program again...I don't know what fixed it, so I can't really help.

4. goldcore
    OP

Newcomer goldcore Member

United States
    sorry im a n00b and hav no idea what encrypting means. can you explain it more

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    On the assumption that you just want to update your cheats, why not grab the newest cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net and be done with it? It's unlikely that you'll be able to do a better job than Narin of keeping your cheats updated, so why bother editing your own cheats? If there's a particular cheat that you know about that's not in the database, just have Narin add it to the database.

-Bri

6. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    cheat.dat is encrypted usrcheat.dat is not. when saving a cheat file to usrcheat.dat, make sure you uncheck the encrypt option.

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think the OP indicated that the cheat code editor crashes immediately upon opening the file. The DSTT uses USRCHEATS.DAT so encryption should not be the problem. But not having used the editor myself, I don't know whether it is supposed to actually be able to read USRCHEATS.DAT format, or if it only writes that format.

Either way, the cheat code editor isn't particularly useful for most people given that Narin keeps the gbatemp cheat code database up to date better than most people ever could.

-Bri

8. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    If usrcheat.dat is encrypted, it won't work. Same if cheat.dat is not encrypted

I must have misread the OP. Just use Narin's file and have him add the codes, one that work on WiFi are rejected.

9. goldcore
    OP

Newcomer goldcore Member

United States
    how can you save the urscheat.dat file without encrypting it?

10. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States