Hacking DSTT and GBA

Evilmaster1985

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear Gbatemp users,

Ive been using my DSTT without any trouble so far.
Tho I feel like I should be able to play GBA games aswell.

Ive read a lot about the Ezflash. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
My question is: Will the Ezflash run ok with the DSTT?

Another question is:
Is it possible to have more than 1 gba game on your flashcart?
If so how?

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the EZFlash 3-in-1 will work with the DSTT, but requires GBA ExpLoader. Get the latest version of GBA ExpLoader (currently 0.58) here: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds...Loader_058b.zip

You can also use YSMenu which supports loading of GBA games directly from the menu and doesn't require GBA ExpLoader.

The way the EZFlash 3-in-1 and other slot2 GBA expansion carts like it work is that it has enough internal memory to hold one GBA game. So the .gba files are actually stored on your DSTT's microSD card, and then loaded to the EZFlash to play the game.

How quickly a game loads to the EZFlash depends on which of the two internal memories you're loading it to. The faster volatile memory can load in a matter of seconds while the slower NOR memory can take a couple of minutes. The advantage of the NOR is that 1) it's larger so larger GBA games will only fit into the NOR, and 2) it's non-volatile so once a game is loaded to it, you can play it over and over again without having to reload that game (it plays quickly -- it's only slow when loading). GBA ExpLoader is typically set up to run in "auto" mode so it will choose which memory to use (I assume it will use the fast memory as long as the game can fit and otherwise will use the NOR).

So the answer to your question is that the only limit to the number of GBA games stored on your DSTT's microSD card is the size of the microSD card, but that the slot2 GBA expansion cart can only hold one game at a time.

-Bri

Evilmaster1985

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Bri!

Very clear explained
smile.gif

Ill be ordering my ez flash from deal extreme I guess.
They got some nice price there.

2 more questions:

Would you know a better place (less chance on flat battery) to order my Ez flash from than Dealextreme (It should ships to the Netherlands)

Another thing is:
Ill be using the GBA_ExpLoader_058b you did recommend me.
Will I be needing to patch my GBA games before my EZ flash will run them?
smile.gif

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dealextreme is probably the cheapest, but not the fastest shipping.

You don't need to patch your GBA games (GBA ExpLoader does everything for you).

-Bri

Evilmaster1985

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to post I just recieved a fully working EZFlash 3-in-1
biggrin.gif

Dint take to long to get the item, I ordered it from DX.
Aprox 2 days after I gained a email its been sent out it already reached my house.
(Took a bit longer to get them to send it think aprox 2 week maybe a bit less in total)

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Gilger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the same thing three days after you did (if you ordered the day you posted first), so I should be getting mine soon :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1