OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
antoineturmel.free.fr
XP
Country
France
After first Okiwi beta, DragonMinded comes with DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha who now feature web browser !
yaynds.gif

QUOTE said:
Well, most of you have seen the video. You know what's in this release. This is a very dirty release, so use it at your own risk. The only files provided are the updated executable and a fixed resource0.bin. You must have the install files from 2.6 or 2.61 to use this, or unexpected things may happen. Grab the alpha from my site here. Enjoy the first working homebrew browser for the Nintendo DS!

What works:
- Normal HTML rendering
- Clicking links
- Server redirects
- Forward/Back history
- Basic caching

What doesn't:
- Cookies
- Forms
- Images
- Meta Tags
- Javascript and CSS

A tip from DragonMinded : You can go fullscreen with B button
The DSOrganize User-Agent is : "Dsorganize Homebrew Database"

You don't need Slot-2 Ram Pack !

Source :DragonMinded Blog

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtemp.net is one of the worst sites to use with this browser. Just checked it out and it is a great that we have actually gotten to a first stage. We move slowly from text only to images, then other types of scripting etc.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
moonshell 1.71 fixed up dpg playback brilliantly. when i had moonshell 1.6 borat wouldnt play properly(kept jumping, sound froze). 1.71 makes borat run perfectly

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why when I try to connect do I get Associating... then connection failed?

Edit: Ok even after I installed the 2.61 it still does the same thing.

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hope no one starts complaining to the author about dpg support. he clearly states he'll never implement it. moonshell does the job just fine

slvrdrgn123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, would be great to have though, so you wouldn't have to switch between the two. He did say there was a way to implement dpg decoding in DSO, does anyone know how to do it?

Back on topic, just tried out the web browser. Works great. Very fast and easy to use. Kind of useless right now since I don't really know any text only sites. Can't wait til the final version is released. Should be much better once images and other scripts are included.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
just hope no one starts complaining to the author about dpg support. he clearly states he'll never implement it. moonshell does the job just fine
yeah I know he says he'll never implement it, and it seems like such a shame to me, just makes dso useless to me.
oh well, i can always stick to moonshell

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize is capable using '.DPG' through the plugin system. Straight from the FAQ:

DragonMinded said:
When are you adding video playback to DSOrganize?

Never. I don't see a use for video on such a small screen. If you want video, get a laptop, or try to use MoonShell. Alternatively, if you MUST have video playback on DSO, you are welcome to port over dpg playback code to a DSOrganize plugin.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
nobody has made a plugin though. moonshell and dsorganize should combine. we could call it MoonOrganize. that would be the one of the greatest homebrew apps ever

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you need a slot 2 ram card or whatever it is to use the webbrowser like the others? or can i use this for the r4 alone

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
seems so. i tried it on my ds(i have no wireless internet though, unless someone can help with my wirelss print server) and doesnt ask for a ram pack. it can probaly take advantage of the ram pack though

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psh, damn DSO. Can't get it to connect to my AP. Tried everything I could after talking to someone in the DSO IRC chat. Bring on Okiwi.

Genoil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it's going to support images you will probably need the 8MB Opera RAM pack, or better, a Slot-2 card with the full 32MB. I mean, there's no way can store unlimited images in only 2.75MB (4 - the size of DSOrganize .nds). It's not a matter of incompetence that the Opera DS devs had to include the RAM pak, you just need it when browsing the web.

I've used 4 browsers on the DS now, and I still like retawq on DSLinux best. Links on DsLinux after that, then Opera DS and then this. But this is not finished yet and judging from what it already does it might just beat the DSLinux browsers
smile.gif

P

pasc

@all those who hate it that DSO does not play DPG:

Do it like this:

1. Make a shortcut in DSO (in the home folder) that points to Moonshell

2. Configure Moonshell so it will go to the Folder you save your Films in normally after boot (just go to the folder and shut the system down)

3. now you just need to start your DS, then start DSO up (or be lucky like me and have a Gbamp and DSO as _Boot_MP.nds) and goto the shorcutlink page so you can watch your films/movies/trailers.

Don't worry ! You don't need to shut the DS off after using Moonshell, just open the thing in the upper left corner and press Reset.msp

Works pretty good for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?