DSONEi Setup Problems

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by LittleBigMods, Feb 27, 2010.

Feb 27, 2010

DSONEi Setup Problems by LittleBigMods at 1:29 AM (913 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. LittleBigMods
    OP

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys [​IMG] I just got my DSONEi from Kick Gaming today, and I'm having some problems setting it up. I downloaded the EOS from eng.supercard.sc and put the "_dsone" file and "SCFW.SC" on the root of my memory card.

After doing that, I put it in my DSL, but it won't start the DSONEi! Does anyone know what I might've done wrong?

Thanks,
    -LBM

P.S. It's the SDHC version with an 8 gig SCHC Micro SD card.

2. joedanger

Newcomer joedanger Advanced Member

United States
    I think that you need to install a firmware to the card, since lately DS One i cards are being shipped without a firmware.
    It is recommended to use a low capacity memory card when updating the firmware, preferably a 1 or 2gb non SDHC card, since usually people have more success with them than with big memories.
    To install the firmware, the steps are as follows:
    1) Download firmware to your computer
    Supercard DS ONEi Firmware 1.1: http://eng.supercard.sc/download/DSonei_Fi...re_v1.1_eng.zip
    2) If your card has 4gb of more of capacity and you have problems when updating the firmware, you should try making a backup of your files and format it using Panasonic SD formatter (with the options Format Full Erase off, format size adjustment off).
    3) Extract updateen.bin file to the root folder of a microSD card
    4) Plug this microSD card into SuperCard DS ONEi cartridge
    5) Plug the SuperCard DS ONEi cartridge into firmware writer/updater
    6) Plug the firmware writer/updater on a USB port
    7) Do NOT interrupt when the firmware writer light is flashing. Wait for about 5-10 minutes until the light turns green.
    8) DONE! Now you can start loading the system files

3. LittleBigMods
    OP

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks!!! +rep [​IMG]