Hacking DSONE/DSONEi OS 3.0 SP8 released

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Eon-Rider said:
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
I never had a problem with the speed - so i dont notice the changes!
How is that possible?
unsure.gif

its always gone fast with me

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe you, unless u had it GUI set-up where you only see the list of the files names no icons no nothing..

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No-one besides me think this a pathetic effort on the part of supercard.. people have been complaing about the menu/short file names etc for years and after all that time this is alll they could be bothered to do ?

Besides, editing the ini myself and dropping ndsinfo.dat on pre sp8 firmwares gave me better results!!

poor show..poor show

and don't expect anything else from supercard menu wise for about another 3 years.

bottom line don't buy supercard.

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
No-one besides me think this a pathetic effort on the part of supercard.. people have been complaing about the menu/short file names etc for years and after all that time this is alll they could be bothered to do ?

Besides, editing the ini myself and dropping ndsinfo.dat on pre sp8 firmwares gave me better results!!

poor show..poor show

and don't expect anything else from supercard menu wise for about another 3 years.

bottom line don't buy supercard.

Umm.....You Cant be Serious- but watever thats your opinion- I believe this is a Great thing, and the supercard team is very busy keeping up with its competitors so you cant be the one to talk if you don't know the life of a programmer -_-sshsh people nowadays

EDIT: Does anyone know where i can get a WORKING yu-gi-oh WC 2009 (U) cheats for the supercard ^^ please and thank you-

@jphriendly
i did wat u said and i got the yu-gi-oh cheats but they dont work -__- help me please again

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Teelow said:
I dont believe you, unless u had it GUI set-up where you only see the list of the files names no icons no nothing..

Im serious, its always been fast!

IsLNdbOi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install this update?

I've tried:
- Unzipping the zip file and copying the "eng" folder into the root of the MicroSD card, then inserting the MicroSD card into the DSONEi, then inserting the DSONEi into the firmware flasher, then plugging the firmware flasher into a USB port.

- Unzipping the zip file and copying the "scshell" folder and "MSFORSC.NDS" file into the root of the MicroSD card, then inserting the MicroSD card into the DSONEi, then inserting the DSONEi into the firmware flasher, then plugging the firmware flasher into a USB port.

- Unzipping the zip file and copying all the files in the "scshell" folder and "MSFORSC.NDS into MicroSD card, then inserting the MicroSD card into the DSONEi, then inserting the DSONEi into the firmware flasher, then plugging the firmware flasher into a USB port.

In all three cases, nothing happened. My computer didn't recognize any new hardware when I plugged the firmware flasher into a USB port and the red LED on the firmware flasher just stayed solid red as soon as I plugged it into my computer.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an OS release, not a firmware update. Put away the USB flasher, you won't need it for a while.

Simply copy the "scshell" folder and the "msforsc.nds" file to the root of your card, and boot up. If you can get into the SCDS menu, then you upgraded successfully.

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dan, Do you if its possible for the Menu to display the Game Name and the not the file name with .nds at the end?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teelow said:
@jphriendly
i did wat u said and i got the yu-gi-oh cheats but they dont work -__- help me please again

Using the dat2cht2scc has always worked fine for me (I have to admit though, I am a big cheater so I prefer YSMenu). You can try going an alt. route and renaming the converted cheats for yu-gi-oh to the same name as the game itself and dropping it into the folder with the game. i.e. yu-gi-oh.nds and and yu-gi-oh.scc.

Not sure exactly why they don't show up/work for you.....
unsure.gif

Until the SC team gets their cheat engine up to snuff, I usually suggest that people just use Bliss's multi-loader and YSMenu/USRCHEAT.DAT. It just makes cheating a lot smoother of an experience. Sorry I can't really help more than that but I have all but given up on the default loader until they work out the cheat menu (loving the speed increase with SP8, my other major gripe).

QUOTE(Teelow @ Jun 19 2009, 04:40 PM) Hey Dan, Do you if its possible for the Menu to display the Game Name and the not the file name with .nds at the end?

I know this was directed at Dan but, if you use RToolDS, you can set it to edit file names on transfer. It still shows .nds but you have a lot more control over what the files are named once they are transferred to your card.

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jphriendly said:
Teelow said:
@jphriendly

Using the dat2cht2scc has always worked fine for me (I have to admit though, I am a big cheater so I prefer YSMenu). You can try going an alt. route and renaming the converted cheats for yu-gi-oh to the same name as the game itself and dropping it into the folder with the game. i.e. yu-gi-oh.nds and and yu-gi-oh.scc.

Not sure exactly why they don't show up/work for you.....
unsure.gif

Until the SC team gets their cheat engine up to snuff, I usually suggest that people just use Bliss's multi-loader and YSMenu/USRCHEAT.DAT. It just makes cheating a lot smoother of an experience. Sorry I can't really help more than that but I have all but given up on the default loader until they work out the cheat menu (loving the speed increase with SP8, my other major gripe).

QUOTE(Teelow @ Jun 19 2009, 04:40 PM) Hey Dan, Do you if its possible for the Menu to display the Game Name and the not the file name with .nds at the end?

I know this was directed at Dan but, if you use RToolDS, you can set it to edit file names on transfer. It still shows .nds but you have a lot more control over what the files are named once they are transferred to your card.

Thank you for the info on RtoolDS but i just really dont like the .nds there, but i guess i have to live with it.

on the cheat situation- i got it to appear in game, but the cheats wont activate. So i guess , the problem lies with its is coding- Maybe the coders didnt change cheat the codes from JP to NA or from EU to NA. Cuz i think other people are having the same problem with these yu-gi-oh cheat as well.

EDIT: btw does the yu-gi-oh cheats work for you?

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Umm posting this question seem really off topic but can you guys plz answer it?

When I play music the "File Infomation" appears in the bottom screen which is where I put the FileBroswer in, so it gets in my way, so then I try to "force" it up on the upper screen on the global.ini it always appear in the touch screen for some reason so am I doing this wrong?

But maybe I'm doing the wrong one or maybe its not there... if not is there anyway to hide it besides pressing the exit button and moving it away?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teelow said:
EDIT: btw does the yu-gi-oh cheats work for you?

I would assume they work for me (don't play the game myself), but like I said, I use YSMenu since I like to cheat and can't stand SC's cheat interface. You can always just try and remake the .scc file yourself using the guide here or using the instructions I posted for Dragon Quest over on SCDev.

*edit* If you pm me the codes and the game release number, I can try and make you a working .scc file.
smile.gif

Keeley said:
Umm posting this question seem really off topic but can you guys plz answer it?

When I play music the "File Infomation" appears in the bottom screen which is where I put the FileBroswer in, so it gets in my way, so then I try to "force" it up on the upper screen on the global.ini it always appear in the touch screen for some reason so am I doing this wrong?

But maybe I'm doing the wrong one or maybe its not there... if not is there anyway to hide it besides pressing the exit button and moving it away?

Try changing:

Code:
DrawFileInfo=1

to

CODE
DrawFileInfo=0

Been awhile but I believe that is how I hid mine.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna find it on mine and get back to you in a bit...Unless someone beats me to the punch.
wink.gif

Code:
hiddenInfoWindow=1

Well, that's the line. Changing it on mine did indeed show/hide the window on boot. Not sure why it's not working on yours.
unsure.gif

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jphriendly said:
I'm gonna find it on mine and get back to you in a bit...Unless someone beats me to the punch.
wink.gif

Code:
hiddenInfoWindow=1

Well, that's the line. Changing it on mine did indeed show/hide the window on boot. Not sure why it's not working on yours.
unsure.gif

Oh really? Awe... are you on the DSi or DS cuz i bet thats why
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1