MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so DSLinux has piqued my interest. But I have one problem - how the hell do I get it to work on my M3 Real? What do I download and how do I install/use it? If someone could help me and let me know how to use it, the potential hazards, etc, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Rockscod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest and just say that I don't know much about it. Other then the fact I have a iTouch and runs Linux just fine (On a flashed ds).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the DLDI build, uncompress it (7zip works well), and copy the "dslinux.nds" file and "linux" folder to your card.

You probably won't get too far without slot-2 RAM, but worry about that after you get it running in the first place.

The DSLinux Wiki would be the best place to start if you have questions.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DanTheManMS said:
Download the DLDI build, uncompress it (7zip works well), and copy the "dslinux.nds" file and "linux" folder to your card.

You probably won't get too far without slot-2 RAM, but worry about that after you get it running in the first place.

Well, this is the best advice I've gotten so far. So the files are almost all tarballs (.tar.gz)... will WinRAR decompress those?

gamefreak3o3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
DanTheManMS said:

Well, this is the best advice I've gotten so far. So the files are almost all tarballs (.tar.gz)... will WinRAR decompress those?
Yes WinRAR will decompress them. Did you try before you asked, or did you want to be sure?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gamefreak3o3 said:
Skyline969 said:
DanTheManMS said:

Yes WinRAR will decompress them. Did you try before you asked, or did you want to be sure?
I just wanted to be sure. I'll take a look at DSLinux right away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: