Hacking DSLinux on M3i

Sykes19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an M3i that I'm using on a DSi, and I can't seem to get DSLinux to start. I just get white screens. I've reinstalled it 3 different times, and I've used M3 Sakura, Touchpod (whatever the alternate loader is), DSOrganize, and DS Kiosk to load it and it all ends up the same. I've tried using different buttons, or the touch screen to start it (that's what's been suggested to me in other places) but it doesn't change anything. To be quite honest, I still don't understand what DLDI is completely and how to work with it, but I know the M3i auto-patches and I often hear I never need to worry about it. I've tried starting it without DLDI patching, I've tried No-Patching it, but it's all the same.

I've looked all over for answers, but none of them seemed relevant because I couldn't find anyone with this problem that uses the M3i. Most of the people I see with the same problem are using cards that are unsupported, but I know the M3 Real is supported, and I assumed the M3i was close enough. I'm fairly new to most of this though.

This seems like an M3i specific problem, so I figured this would be a good place to ask. No better place than GBAtemp, so I'm told. I'll ask on the DSLinux forums as well.

Thanks for any help,

Sykes19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has instructions on how to install it on Windows, so Linux isn't required.

Here's the source, straight from the DSLinux Wiki:

QUOTE said:
The DS only has 4MB of RAM which severely limits how much you can do with DSLinux... If you do not have a RAM extension you may experience crashes and "out of memory" errors when running most of the applications.

I'm assuming that's implying that it can at least boot up, but running many applications will be a problem. Quite unfortunately, their list of compatible "homebrew hardware", or flash carts, doesn't exist, even though they attempt to link to it.

EDIT: After reading through the DSLinux forums, it seems that it's the DSi itself. The changes in how WiFi and memory work, as well as the 1.4 update, cause too many problems. I guess I'll just have to wait until twiizers makes their move, or someone else.

DSLinux DevWell, here's the simple answer then:

DSLinux is not going to be developed for the DSi

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog