DSKiosk Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mygoditsfullofst, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009

DSKiosk Question by mygoditsfullofst at 8:55 PM (547 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. mygoditsfullofst
    OP

Newcomer mygoditsfullofst Newbie

United States
    I've been using DSKiosk recently, and while it works very well, I have had some trouble with getting it to display the custom icons for several homebrew applications. Rather than displaying the custom icons I have chosen, DSKiosk defaults to the embedded icons within the actual applications. At one point, I re-added Commander Keen with a different icon, and DSKiosk created two application icons, one with the embedded icon from the .nds file, and one with my custom icon. As soon as I exited DSKiosk, however, the custom icon would disappear and only the embedded .nds icon would be there. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did they do?

Here is some other information
    -My custom icons are in .png format, and are 64x48 pixels.
    -I have tried renaming the custom icons, both to the same and a different name as the .nds application.
    -The applications that this is not working on are: DS Sampling Keyboard, Commander Keen, Crocodingus, Explosive Gas, Inside the machine, JNKPlat, MegaETK, Game Melody Oratorio 2 (GMO1 works, however, and I have both apps and both icons in the same folder), and Mario Paint Composer.
    -Many of my icons were downloaded from http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48618

Thanks in advance for any help. I searched around this site and couldn't find any related questions, so I apologize if this question had already been answered.