DsKiosk for M3 Sakura 1.34

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dohclude, Mar 3, 2009.

Mar 3, 2009

DsKiosk for M3 Sakura 1.34 by dohclude at 1:43 AM (1,409 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dohclude
    OP

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wanted to run DsKiosk on my M3 with Sakura 1.34 so that I could load all of my homebrew that wasn't compatible with Sakura. Well, I realized that Dskiosk was also not compatible (go figure.) So I made a version that will run just fine with Sakura 1.34 in the same fashion as the DSOrganize workaround. I even made custom themes for it. There are two different versions, a Black one and a White one. Enjoy!

DsKiosk 1.12b M3 Sakura (Black)

DsKiosk 1.12b M3 Sakura (White)

Let me know how it works for you or if you have any problems with it. I may be able to fix some things, but unfortunately I don't have the source code to DsKiosk so I can't do a whole lot.

*UPDATE*

I've updated the loader so that it can now be used along with the special version of DSOrganise.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    It seems a little buggy.

The icons don't fill the whole thing. Some icons even though the correct path is given are all glitched. And it seems like DSKiosk seems to interfere with DSOrganize. Because it has the same icon as it now and when I run DSOrganize it runs DSKiosk instead.

3. dohclude
    OP

United States
    sorry, I should have mentioned this before, but this uses the same workaround as dsorgazine. Therefore, you can't use this along side dsorganize. if you want to restore dsorganize then just recopy the "fshl" folder to the root of your sd card and overwrite the files, but this will render dskiosk unusable. as far as icons go, they seem to be working fine for me. I think you need to check your icons, because other than the loader and the background image, this is exactly the same as the standard dskiosk 1.12b.

4. dohclude
    OP

United States
    okay I fixed it so that you can run this along with dsorganize. just install the special version of dsorganize first, then install this version of dskiosk and you should be able to load them independently now.

5. mc_B3oWoLF

Member mc_B3oWoLF GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    I remember someone telling, that DSOrganize works perfectly well, when started from DsKiosk [​IMG]
    IMO, It's convenient to have all homebrews (including DSO) in one place (I mean, DsKiosk, of course))))
    But nevertheless, dohclude, I find your fix very useful, 'cuz someone would like to start DSO right from Sakura, without loading anything else [​IMG]
    Nice work! [​IMG]