Hacking DSiXL (USA) and DSi 1.4 FlashCart

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Been looking at getting a DSiXL and wondering if the current DSi (1.4 compatible) flashcarts would work on it...

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

(if this is wrong section, please move)

Swandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so fast - if your Vi is HARDWARE VERSION 805 and you have updated the to FIRMWARE VERSION 15 you should have no problems.
BUT (and I know this from personal experience), if your Vi is HARDWARE 705 it will not update to FIRMWARE 15 - when attempted it says UPDATE NOT NECESSARY. BUT (and this is the BIG but) it will NOT work properly on the DSiXL. It will load properly but every game I have tested - and many others that other users have tested - will freeze up within a few minutes. There does not seem to be any rhime or reason for the amount of time it takes to freeze, though older titles seem to last a bit longer.
The EZFlash guys are working on an update to firmware 15 that will work on the 705 hardware, but it is not available yet.
Steve

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have one of each of the new DSI xls a Bronze and a Burgundy and The Acekard 2I works fine using akaio 1.6 rc2 P:)

came shipped with 1.4u

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mori123 said:
I have one of each of the new DSI xls a Bronze and a Burgundy and The Acekard 2I works fine using akaio 1.6 rc2 P:)

came shipped with 1.4u

Me too! I tried my acekard out yesterday, and have been playing it without any problems in my DSi XL.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, and I downloaded the 1.45 update (that weird update that doesn't change the version number), and my Danny Phantom Acekard's working fine.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Yup, and I downloaded the 1.45 update (that weird update that doesn't change the version number), and my Danny Phantom Acekard's working fine.
Cool! I have a Star Wars DSTTi-ADV, but, either way, it should work because I've used it on a friends DSi 'mini' (lol)

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swandy said:
Not so fast - if your Vi is HARDWARE VERSION 805 and you have updated the to FIRMWARE VERSION 15 you should have no problems.
BUT (and I know this from personal experience), if your Vi is HARDWARE 705 it will not update to FIRMWARE 15 - when attempted it says UPDATE NOT NECESSARY. BUT (and this is the BIG but) it will NOT work properly on the DSiXL. It will load properly but every game I have tested - and many others that other users have tested - will freeze up within a few minutes. There does not seem to be any rhime or reason for the amount of time it takes to freeze, though older titles seem to last a bit longer.
The EZFlash guys are working on an update to firmware 15 that will work on the 705 hardware, but it is not available yet.
Steve
Sorry, I forgot that important bit. Thanks for letting me know.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im acekard 2i wont work on my dsi xl iv updated it on my ds lite and it works on my normal dsi but not the xl just my r4i gold card works on it lol but when i take the acekard out and put it back in the danny phantom logo flashes up breifly so it might be the contacts not touching but the acekard is brand new iv only had it 2 days and theres no problems on the dsl or dsi just will not work on dsi xl

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
gary2010 said:
im acekard 2i wont work on my dsi xl iv updated it on my ds lite and it works on my normal dsi but not the xl just my r4i gold card works on it lol but when i take the acekard out and put it back in the danny phantom logo flashes up breifly so it might be the contacts not touching but the acekard is brand new iv only had it 2 days and theres no problems on the dsl or dsi just will not work on dsi xl
Place a couple layers of tape on the bottom of the label side to make the contact touch better.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
gary2010 said:
Place a couple layers of tape on the bottom of the label side to make the contact touch better.

Sometimes I have the same problem with mine. I have heard the DSi XL slot is slightly larger. Thus the acekard doesn't always make contact. Try Rydian's suggestion.

Robotdoll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Itouch2 for the DSiXL, and it works, save for not being able to close the DS. instead of going to sleep, it turns off. Hoping that a new fm will fix that. Anyone else seen that problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol