Hacking DSiWare not working in Gateway mode

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,
I downloaded the CIA of the DSiWare Flipnote Studio and installed it in Gateway EmuNAND, but when I start it it gives me a black screen.
I read about DSiWare and GBA games not working with 2.0 launcher.dat, but it STILL doesn't work with 3.3? Is there something I can/should do or they don't work at all?

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so you can have both Gateway's LAUNCHER.DAT and the rxTools stuff on your sd card. So, you can go to the rxTools launch page when you want to use DSiWare and GBA stuff in EmuNAND, and Gateway's launch page when you want to use your Gateway red card.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure the EmuNAND is interchangeable between rxTools and Gateway but you probably want to split it up over different sd xard to be safe. One sd card for rxtools files and emunand and one for gateway's files and emunand

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, so you can have both Gateway's LAUNCHER.DAT and the rxTools stuff on your sd card. So, you can go to the rxTools launch page when you want to use DSiWare and GBA stuff in EmuNAND, and Gateway's launch page when you want to use your Gateway red card.
Can I just format rxTools EmuNAND?

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll use rxTools EmuNAND just for DSiWare I think. I'm okay with GW's
Ok, cool. But make sure to make a backup of your sd card using Win32DiskImager. So if you break your GW EmuNAND by booting rxTools you can restore it. But I strongly suggest using two sd cards.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's ok to install .CIA files on it... But you need to be careful... I have a few apps on there. But that's the only way to do it.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is all this information still relevant? Is RxTools still the best way to go? Also, where is a step by step tutorial for all this. I've not touched my 3DS in a while and need to refresh from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock