Hacking DSiWare Downgrade

howcleanisyourho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my hacked n3ds (arm9loaderhax, Hacked using Plailects guide), Im planning to use it to downgrade my friends n3ds from 11.0.0 to 10.4 using Plailect DSiWare Downgrade guide. (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade)

I have purchased Fieldrunners before(to actually play it)

I DO NOT have an NNID on my hacked 3ds (which has Fieldrunners on it).

My questions are:

1. Do i need to make a dummy NNID on my hacked 3ds (which has Fieldrunners on it) to transfer to my friends unhacked n3ds?

2. If i do need to make a dummy NNID, will the Fieldrunners i previous purchased without an NNID suddenly be linked to the dummy NNID when i make it?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
On my hacked n3ds (arm9loaderhax, Hacked using Plailects guide), Im planning to use it to downgrade my friends n3ds from 11.0.0 to 10.4 using Plailect DSiWare Downgrade guide. (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade)

I have purchased Fieldrunners before(to actually play it)

I DO NOT have an NNID on my hacked 3ds (which has Fieldrunners on it).

My questions are:

1. Do i need to make a dummy NNID on my hacked 3ds (which has Fieldrunners on it) to transfer to my friends unhacked n3ds?

2. If i do need to make a dummy NNID, will the Fieldrunners i previous purchased without an NNID suddenly be linked to the dummy NNID when i make it?
1-no, just backup your sysnand and Nintendo 3ds folder, delete it and then restore everything.
2-yes , it will be linked to the nnid which will be transfered to the other 3ds , either if it has a nnid or not

howcleanisyourho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much!!!

I have another question however...

at the bottom of the guide(https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade) it says:

"3DS #2's version number will not have changed in the settings, but the exploit has worked"

Does that mean that after the downgrade, my friend's n3ds will still say 11.0.0 in the system settings menu, but its actually 10.4? And I can safely perform a homebrew exploit on it? (in my case basehaxx with pokemon OR)

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks so much!!!

I have another question however...

at the bottom of the guide(https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade) it says:

"3DS #2's version number will not have changed in the settings, but the exploit has worked"

Does that mean that after the downgrade, my friend's n3ds will still say 11.0.0 in the system settings menu, but its actually 10.4? And I can safely perform a homebrew exploit on it? (in my case basehaxx with pokemon OR)
It means that you will be still on 11.0.0 but homebrew will be able to do a full downgrade, so you must downgrade to 9.2.
So you must continue here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) and follow all parts of the guide.

Last edited by Azmort,

howcleanisyourho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question...

After the transfering to the unhacked 3ds(target), how would I go about restoring my hacked 3ds(source 3ds with a9lh)?
since the transfer required I put the hacked 3ds's sd card into the unhacked one.:/

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to make a NAND and SD backup before anything, then you must wait 1 week to transfer your NNID back (you can't do this if you are using an o3ds to hack a n3ds, it will be stuck on the n3ds)

howcleanisyourho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to make a NAND and SD backup before anything, then you must wait 1 week to transfer your NNID back (you can't do this if you are using an o3ds to hack a n3ds, it will be stuck on the n3ds)

thanks for the reply!

im transfering from a ndsxl(3ds#1, a9lh, source) to a n3ds(3ds#2, unhacked, target)

what if i dont plan on transfering back? im content with my nnid and fieldrunners staying on 3ds#2(target system)

would i just copy the backup i made for 3ds#1's sd card to a new sd card, insert it in 3ds#1 microsd card slot and restore the sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin to the sysNAND using hourglass9?

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, if that's the case then no, the System transfer should pass all of your legal games saves, for the others you'll have to backup them with JKSV and then restore them on the other 3ds, for the games, you'll have to reinstall them afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative