Homebrew DSiWare downgrade without losing NNID on original 3ds?

Joao_Shino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Note: this was a theory I came up with but it does not work. If you want to do a DSiWare downgrade and want your NNID back on the original hacked 3ds you'll have to call Nintendo.

I was wondering if there is a way to not lose a NNID on a o3ds when doing the transfer to a new 3ds, without the need of calling the consumer service, of course. My theory is the following:

1 - on o3ds, do a nand backup
2 - on o3ds, use tinyformat, configure a new nnid, buy one of the exploit games
3 - do the process
4 - restore nand backup on o3ds
(alternatively, using an emunand/rednand do to it, if system transfer works on them)

Do you guys think/know if this would work?

Last edited by Joao_Shino,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is a way to not lose a NNID on a o3ds when doing the transfer to a new 3ds, without the need of calling the consumer service, of course. My theory is the following:

1 - on o3ds, do a nand backup
2 - on o3ds, use tinyformat, configure a new nnid, buy one of the exploit games
3 - do the process
4 - restore nand backup on o3ds
(alternatively, using an emunand/rednand do to it, if system transfer works on them)

Do you guys think/know if this would work?
You can use an unlinked emunand to create the new nnid, because it seems you are using sysnand for your main nnid account.

Edit: this is trash. Read 2 posts below.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

ederenzi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It does not work. When you do a system transfer, every NNID associated to the source 3DS are transfered to the target 3DS (even the NNIDs which are not "active"). So, with a NAND backup you can restore everything on the source 3DS but, on nintendo servers, the NNID will be linked to the target 3DS so there will be an inconsistency when you access the eShop on the source 3DS. I'm sure about this as I did the same transfering from SysNand but it's the same if you use the EmuNand (as the Console ID is obviously the same in SysNand and Emunand).

I think you could try formatting the 3DS and buying Fiedlrunners without creating an NNID. I don't know if, doing a system transfer, also the NNIDs are transferd (as, in this case, there is no NNID "active" on the source 3DS and we could be lucky that it does not trigger the NNID transfer routine on Nintendo servers).

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It does not work. When you do a system transfer, every NNID associated to the source 3DS are transfered to the target 3DS (even the NNIDs which are not "active"). So, with a NAND backup you can restore everything on the source 3DS but, on nintendo servers, the NNID will be linked to the target 3DS so there will be an inconsistency when you access the eShop on the source 3DS. I'm sure about this as I did the same transfering from SysNand but it's the same if you use the EmuNand (as the Console ID is obviously the same in SysNand and Emunand).

I think you could try formatting the 3DS and buying Fiedlrunners without creating an NNID. I don't know if, doing a system transfer, also the NNIDs are transferd (as, in this case, there is no NNID "active" on the source 3DS and we could be lucky that it does not trigger the NNID transfer routine on Nintendo servers).

That also doesn't work. It still will transfer all nnid's over to target system.You'd always need to call Nintendo if you transfered from O3DS to a N3DS if you want your nnid back to your old system. I recently transfered a formatted eshop with bought stuff & money on it (no nnid attached to it) to a formatted N3DS XL & it still transfered my inactive nnid to the N3DS XL ...I had to call Nintendo to reasign the console's serial back. It only took less then 5 min. for them to fix that, though. In my case I didn't knew my nnid tranfered too untill I tried to login on my O3DS XL & couldn't, I could only login on it on the N3DS XL system even after logging in on the previous nnid of that was on the N3DS XL ( ofc I had to format it 1st though.) & formatting my O3DS putting my NAND bkup before transfer all didn't work as everything was transfered over.

Last edited by Angely,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So wherever you do you are basically screwed and if you want your nnid back you need to wait a week when you transfer from o3ds to o3ss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman