Hacking DSision2...

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait for the new release then!
spinal do you think you could change the images from indexed to RGB? I don't understand how they work and when i try to edit the mask it ends up tiling across the screen 3 times in RGB. help please! thanks!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The images are indexed for a reason, there are quite a few hardware restrictions in play for most of the gfx. Those images that are indexed, mostly need to be. For the masks, make sure the image is 256colour (8bit) indexed and that the image is grayscale.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see this is progressing, I'll still use this on my R4. As I do, I'll try to keep you updated on a one-man public opinion about it.

P.S. When will this thread actually be moved to the correct section?

Just updated to the Feb 16 edition; Current problems: Won't load games FOLDER(currently 938 MB), opening up the "Open/Shortcuts/Settings" menu feels weirder than the first few releases, touch slide is weird (not accurately allocating to a specific file; can be ignored as an aesthetic thing i guess).

EDIT: Used on R4 btw. I reverted back to the previous versions because I don't need touch scroll when I can do it with my left hand on d-pad. Well...it might be a different story if the touch was more accurate but it'll do fine for now.

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
The images are indexed for a reason, there are quite a few hardware restrictions in play for most of the gfx. Those images that are indexed, mostly need to be. For the masks, make sure the image is 256colour (8bit) indexed and that the image is grayscale.
What about the layer beneath the mask? Does that have to be 256colour (8bit) greyscale as well or can it be 256colour (8bit) colour?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks spinal! ^.^ google for a few minuites and found how to fix my indexed images.
that's probably the hardest things besides setting the y value for icons XD

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bother you again. But how come when I make my own "nds_fame.bmp" with the green background it never seems to show the game pictures. It just comes up as a green background. When I use the original "nds_frame.bmp" that comes with DSision 2 I never get this problem?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You need to use an image editor that allows you to see the palette, you will need to know the palette index of the colour you want to use. The fact that it is green is not important (people might want to use green as a real colour). there is a setting in the theme's .ini file for telling dsision which colour this is.

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a bunch spinal_cord. It seems that most of my problems have been solved. Even though you didn't tell me exactly how to solve the previous problem I ran into, what you said was enough to resolve it. Thanks again.

benedic

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I was reading for hours but cannot find any hints what happens when I load DSision2 into my M3 Perfect (Slot2) Adapter. Since it is aimed to replace firmware I´m still afraid that I loose my firmware ( M3 Movie Player e35) . But the DLDI loader still give me hope.

If it replaces my M3 Perfect firmware how about the chance of recovering by flashing the M3 firmware back later ?
Notice that the M3 Perfect adapter doesnot have an autorunl/default.nds mechanism. That´ s why it would not make much sense to load it every time after the M3 Movie Player already started . Even if it is the fines menu replacement for the NDS for all times. (And I wish it would work on M3 Perfect)

kind regards, Dieter

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
On the latest beta version you can't go in to folders unless you replace the .ini with the old one and text in the dsi theme is completely messed up. But touch scrolling is MUCH better and it's faster.
biggrin.gif

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least it's faster xP During the next weeks I want to concentrate on my game I want to enter the neocompo, so I will not have much time for working on DSision2 ...

@Messed font on DSi theme: open the /dsision/themes/dsi/theme.ini in an editor and change those two lines:
QUOTE said:
fcolour=#000000

bcolour=#FFFFFF
into
QUOTEfcolour=h000000

bcolour=hFFFFFF

The iniparser we changed to in the new release takes '#' as a comment ...

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
leinad said:
At least it's faster xP During the next weeks I want to concentrate on my game I want to enter the neocompo, so I will not have much time for working on DSision2 ...

@Messed font on DSi theme: open the /dsision/themes/dsi/theme.ini in an editor and change those two lines:
QUOTE said:
fcolour=#000000

bcolour=#FFFFFF
into
QUOTEfcolour=h000000

bcolour=hFFFFFF

The iniparser we changed to in the new release takes '#' as a comment ...

I just said that on the previous page
happy.gif
, and yeah, same with me, I just started a game, so DSision will be even slower in progress for a little while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1