DSision 2 Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by rockstar99, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

DSision 2 Help by rockstar99 at 6:40 AM (1,917 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    im trying to add some custom icons yo dsioson 2 like pictochat download play etc to make look like the dsi menu so whenever i try to copy the icon on to the gba or video icon in the dsi theme folder like i want em like channels and there already is a sound icon in the shape of a dsi channel but whenever i copy them on that icon it becomes black and white how do i keep the picture in color

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not to sure if this will help - but these 3 posts may help solve your problem

These seem to point to problems with palettes colours.

What type of file format, No of colours etc are you saving the graphics in

Have you tried loading in one of the original DSision icons (to get size & colours), modifying that & saving (under a different name). Then trying it out to see if you get the same problem ?

If doing this & you find that you are still getting the same problem - then it could be the program you are using to make your graphics is not saving in quite the right format

3. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    im editing one of the alredy created dsison icons with a new image that is in color but whenever i paste it on the image that im editing it becomes black n white ive tried saving under a different name and they are 256 color bitmaps im using paint

4. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    If I understand right

> You are using a DSi Themed Icon e.g "DSision\themes\DSi\custom\GBA.bmp" & loading it into 'Paint'
    > You are using a different picture (I'm guessing this has already been scaled down to a 64px x 64px x 256 Colours graphic)
    > I'm guessing you are pasting into paint using 'Edit' > 'Paste From' from the menu bar
    Once done - the new graphic turns black & white

If so - I've tried it myself with different graphics & although I have seen a slight colour change it's not to black & white - I'm guessing that the 'pasted' graphic colour pallette is being changed to that of the DSi Icon colours & for some reason that's what 's making it black/white

Is there any chance you can upload to the GBAtemp Picture Upload Service the pictures you are trying to merge together & then post the links back here so that I can try have a look & see if I can repeat the fault - ta

5. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    nvm i used paint.net and it worked

6. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    No Probs - glad you've figured out a way around it