Hacking DSi XL fix?

charliebrown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my DSi XL (sold my DSi), and most of the games I load don't work! I have the ... uumm... 705. Is this going to be fixed at all or do I need to buy a new card??

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That cards an EZVi. I believe the current firmware (v15) only works with the DSi XL on the 805s.
I could be wrong though.

I'd either get an Acekard2i or wait for the Supercard DSTWO.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are also back on duty as i can read.
cool.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Google cache is awesome you know.
wink.gif

I paste here the main info of this thread :

Mbmax said:
Hi there.

I think it's a good idea to try to help on the issue that some user encounter on DSi XL with the EZ5i hardware revision 705.

My idea here is to bring games that ez team can test quickly.
I mean find games that freeze quickly and often.

Here is my find (tested on EZVi 705 v14 + RC15 + DSi XL + Transcend 4GB class 6 Korea) :

- 1160 - Metroid Prime Pinball (E) = freeze randomly in demo mode (error screen appear)
- 2673 - Dragon Quest IV - Chapters of the Chosen (U) = freeze randomly at the menu

If you have other games that freeze quickly and for sure, please report in there.

The goal is to give the team game's name so they can test and validate the fixed firmware.

Thanks.

Mbmaxok. just found something interesting.
When my ezvi freeze under metroid pinball in demo mode. I reset my dsi xl by pressing quickly the power button. Then i try one of your reported game, for example 0004 - Feel The Magic - XY-XX.
It freeze like you have reported, just after the warning screen.

If i shutdown my dsi xl with a long press on power button and start feel the magic. No freeze.

So, be sure to have powered OFF your DSI XL after a freeze bug if you want to test another game.
wink.gif

The freezing bug seems to happen when the flashcart reach a certain state.
DSi reset seems to not unlock this state.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
niu said:
i dont believe ez team can slove this problem.

QUOTE(Mbmax @ Apr 27 2010, 11:52 AM) Can you elaborate a little more on why you think it's impossible to fix that ?

I think its because the EZ team posted "about the new firmware for 705 hardware, almost finish." on 3/24/2010, and it is now 4/28/2010, more than a month later. With that said I do think the EZ can fix the problem and I wouldn't worry about. The team probably ran into a fatal bug in the beta and want to ensure the release goes smooth. It's better to have a good update that takes time, rather than a sloppy patch work.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This issue is already fixed on 805 hardware revision, so why not on 705 ?

The hard part in this story is the random freezing bug, no more no less and pokefan that wanted their pokeman at once.

charliebrown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to hold on with the thoughts that they will have it fixed, but I am starting to have doubts, if only because we haven't heard anything from the team working on it. Some sort of an update would be nice!

BadArse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an acekard 2i and all the games work for it on my XL. Just check around the net for awhile to find a good price, I ended up getting mine for $30 with a 4gb micro card, an xtra card reader and extending metal stylus. forget the site name tho some1 else will prob know it.

charliebrown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BadArse said:
I have an acekard 2i and all the games work for it on my XL. Just check around the net for awhile to find a good price, I ended up getting mine for $30 with a 4gb micro card, an xtra card reader and extending metal stylus. forget the site name tho some1 else will prob know it.

Well, if I had the money I would buy a new card, but I would still get an EZ-Flash Vi. I would just make sure it was the 805 version. I have been extremely impressed with the EZ-Flash team, and they won me over when the 1.4 update came out for the DSi. I had an EZ-Flash, and they were the first to release the update to bypass the 1.4. They are also usually pretty damn quick with the updates for the games and stuff.

I don't know if it would even be worth it to sell the 705 card and buy the 805 card, because by the time I got the 805 card, the 705 would probably be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald