Hacking DSi Shoulder Button Malfunction

invisibo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new DSi on my trip to Hong Kong, and 3 weeks later, the R button is only responding about 1 out of every 4 times I click it.

How should I go about trying to fix this? I speak no Japanese, so I don't know if the warranty covers me (I live in the US). Does anyone have any information on this and how and where I'd send it in if I'm covered?

Also, if the warranty doesn't cover me, can someone point me in the right direction for repairing this problem? It kind of makes games, especially ones in the Castlevania series, unplayable.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

after some googling i found out about the blowing trick (wrap lips around the button and blow). This worked really well and my R-button is back to normal.

Is this just a temporary fix, or will it eventually break altogether?

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wow, the dsi must really like you blowing it
tongue.gif

glad you found a fix... when the time comes i'm sure i'll try 'blowing' my dslite and see if it can make it happy enough to work again

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the blow trick works it just mean u need to clean your room more often cuz dust is getting into your ds and collecting on the L R sensor

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found its been fixing the problem on my DSlite for the last 9 months and the R button is still working. I couldn't say for certain for the DSi.. but I can come close to certain
smile.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
invisibo, are you sure the DSi didn't get bumped on the flight home or something?

I live in the dustiest place on Earth (no, I'm not exaggerating), but I've never had a single problem with the L & R buttons of my 16 month old DS Lite. *knocks on wood*

invisibo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unz: Yeah it didn't get bumped in-flight because I had it on me. Since blowing it worked, it seems like their switches aren't dustproofed. This is annoying though, because I like to carry my DS in my jacket pocket (I mean it is a handheld gaming device.. it shouldn't malfunction by putting it in my pocket).

Back to my original question.. has anyone here ever tried to use a warranty on a Japanese DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.