Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dsimenu218092.jpg

"Anxious to secure a Nintendo DSi without having to wait in some crazy line? Online retailers have begun taking pre-orders of the North American version of the system, so you can buy now and not have to worry about stalking Wal-Mart late April 4 to be first in line on April 5 (You are free, as usual, to stalk Wal-Mart for other purposes). You can order your DSi for $169.99 at Amazon or GameStop (in black or blue). If you want extra stuff, you can order a bundle from GameStop (again in black or blue) that contains the system and a "Folio Starter Kit" consisting of a case, screen protectors, a game case, earbuds, and a car adapter.

For a better look at the system that you might be buying, check MTV Multiplayer's first-ever images of the English-language DSi menu. As expected, it looks exactly like the menu from the Japanese version with the crucial addition of comprehensible text. It features the same photo manipulation, photo arranging, and sound altering functions from the original suite of DSi software, along with upgradeable firmware and, of course, the DSi Shop."

Source

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any pics of the blue? id like a very deep almost black blue
smile.gif

EDIT: nvm the pic is on gamestop its prolly designed with girls in mind. and the black isnt even true black
frown.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh Uruha, I wouldn't be too excited for the blue. Just check it out at GameStop's site. You will come across it.

I hate the colour... It is like, Cyan Blue that got sharpened so much, that is looks like it was painted on >

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhh more shots of the blue too bad it had to be so bright! i like the DSlite's blue
i think ill be grabbing me a black and geting an ak2i for it!
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd want to pre-order, but this is American pre-orders, not Play-asia.
That, and I absolutely must know if my flash cart, or any new ones swill work on the US system or not.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I actually like the blue one! If I get a DSi (really don't think I will) I would most definitely get a blue one. They made a cool Dragon Quest protector case for the DSi that goes PERFECTLY with the blue color. The Slime Speaker also goes perfectly with it.

B

ball2012003

ill just walk in target or gamecrazy
on april 6
and repeat every day until they have it
the blue is way to bright for me ill get the black

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is just living large. Just before their sales hit it's peak, they release a new DS which will shoot it back up again. You can't really blame them.

I am really interested in seeing how the next generation plays out. Will Sony and Microsoft try to follow the same path?

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not like they're charging an extra $25. It's a deposit. Gamestop just wants to make sure they aren't reserving it for nothing.

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Hmm, not sure if I can compute.
Gamestop usually asks for a $5 reservation fee for upcoming games...it'd compute for them to ask $25 for reservation fee for an upcoming system.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not even sure the US DSi's won't have an updated firmware or hardware that'll brick the currently DSi compatible carts.

pengekcs

Trophies
Website
nds.pengekcs.com
XP
Country
Hungary
if you already have a ds - you should not buy this. it is more or less the same, not counting the sd card and the stupid camera. not a big enough advancement to worth the buy _if_ you already have a ds / ds lite. furthermore it seems that the cracking method is the same - slot 1 cards. i guess that there should be a way to hack this thing via the sd card just as it did happen with the wii (zelda + twilight + backup launcher or what). so until that is done by someone knowledgeable and a huge amount of time - no way i'm gonna buy or suggest anyone to buy this thing. enuff said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw