Adan0s

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's a savegame hack. they read it with a normal ds, modified it and transfered it back with a normal ds. the µc is only for debug/reading the ram.
but because i know gbatemp won't read this post, it's propably in 2 pages a known fact, that the board is needed for the hack...

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing, despite that it's tweezers and I believe their word... just how exactly does this video show/prove DSi mode at all? Is the game itself DSi only? As others have mentioned, save game expoits have been used through DS cards on a DSi which could show a similar graphic.
Adan0s said:
the µc is only for debug/reading the ram.
but because i know gbatemp won't read this post, it's propably in 2 pages a known fact, that the board is needed for the hack...
DS game cards have RAM that is unrelated to the save memory? That certainly doesn't look like it's hooked to the DS RAM, but to something on the game card which is way on the other side of a processor, controller and spi bus from DS RAM (and as far as I know, DS software on a gamecard cannot normally issue commands across the spi bus anyway.) Hopefully no one will indeed read your post...

I for one would assume existing updateable DSi compatible cards will be able to allow enhanced mode through an update, if nothing else. Patience, I bet now that some enhanced games exist along with dumps the hardware makers are looking into it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually, i believe the microcontroller may have been used to put the savefile on. It's qicker just to hook that up to the EEPROM and just fire it through it than run change the save file manually all the time. Of course, now that there is an exploitable save file, the microcontroller is not needed, the save can just be transferred using another method then the cart stuck in a DSi.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
uhhhhhh I was lucky I got my DSi now well is seems that I wont wait long before doing different kinds of things with it
yaynds.gif
hrth.gif
yay.gif

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if one day you could load backups off your nds, dsiware & even gba games all from the SD slot. When that happens, then i'll get myself a dsi! in the meantime, i love my ds w/acekard 2 & akaio! Good job to the team for cracking the dsi!!

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised how soon we got DSiMode homebrew steps in the right direction.
I can't wait for homebrew for it.

BTW, Video is possible but it won't be the best quality, I would still like to have a video recorder that's portable.

And yes, I would like a backup loader for DS/DSi games, But I don't think Team Twiizers would do that. Now if theres someone for DSi like Waninkoko is for Wii.

MurtenTK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RiderLeangle said:
To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised how soon we got DSiMode homebrew steps in the right direction.
I can't wait for homebrew for it.

BTW, Video is possible but it won't be the best quality, I would still like to have a video recorder that's portable.

And yes, I would like a backup loader for DS/DSi games, But I don't think Team Twiizers would do that. Now if theres someone for DSi like Waninkoko is for Wii.
I think Norrmatt can make a back-up loader.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
MurtenTK said:
thebigboss14 said:
QUOTE said:
whos Norrmatt?
Normmatt is one of the developpers of AKAIO. He does the rom loading thing. Here is his profile.
I dont doubt he can make but is he working on it already or is thinking about working on it?
unsure.gif

MurtenTK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebigboss14 said:
MurtenTK said:
thebigboss14 said:
QUOTE said:
whos Norrmatt?
Normmatt is one of the developpers of AKAIO. He does the rom loading thing. Here is his profile.
I dont doubt he can make but is he working on it already or is thinking about working on it?
unsure.gif
I don't think he is already working on it. The exploit isn't even public yet, and there isn't a homebrew channel for dsi (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1