Hacking DSi + Flashcart, which to choose?

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I was hoping someone could go over the different flashcard brand that there are/ the models that would be the best fit for a DSi. I currently am just interested in a flashcard that would be ideal for DSi's. As well, where would be a reliable source to purchase one of these? Thanks for the help in advance.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi,

I was hoping someone could go over the different flashcard brand that there are/ the models that would be the best fit for a DSi. I currently am just interested in a flashcard that would be ideal for DSi's. As well, where would be a reliable source to purchase one of these? Thanks for the help in advance.
There are dozens of flashcarts out there, It all does the great job at playing NDS games.

Here's the comparison chart:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

also, nds-card.com seems to have a great reputation in this site.

R4 Gold series is cheap, being supported by R4 Wood kernel team, works with 3DS and NTRBOOT(some carts have it pre-flashed) and has lots of users. It's up to you basically but I'd pick one of R4.

plus, Don't get used flashcart- There's a HIGH chance that you'll gonna get a counterfeit one. It doesn't matter if you're simply gonna play some games but it might not work as expected or even brick if you attempt to update its firmware or flash NTRBOOT to it.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcards still have uses but TWLightmenu has gotten rather good and can run most DS games from the SD card, if you haven't looked into it lately. You just have to softmod your DSi which is pretty easy to do now.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Flashcards can be bought online only, so your easiest solution is to hack your console.
Here's the best DSi hacking guide:
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Note: If you don't prefer risking your console for hacks, then your best bet is to buy an R4i 1.4.5 or an R4i gold.
Otherwise, go for it.

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
There are dozens of flashcarts out there, It all does the great job at playing NDS games.

Here's the comparison chart:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

also, nds-card.com seems to have a great reputation in this site.

R4 Gold series is cheap, being supported by R4 Wood kernel team, works with 3DS and NTRBOOT(some carts have it pre-flashed) and has lots of users. It's up to you basically but I'd pick one of R4.

plus, Don't get used flashcart- There's a HIGH chance that you'll gonna get a counterfeit one. It doesn't matter if you're simply gonna play some games but it might not work as expected or even brick if you attempt to update its firmware or flash NTRBOOT to it.

if it isn't supercard or acekard then its a counterfeit, any thing else is r4 ds clone, or a dstt clone, iirc ntrboot wont flash cards that aren't supported or even listed, i got lucky cause my fake r4i clone cost me 3 bucks and was just a dstt clone branded as an r4 clone (but it was one of the supported cards), now its a ntrboot card if i ever need it, any nds flashcard that can run lastest wood (r4) will be compatible will pretty much everything even if its counterfeit, its build quality, cheap cards will work but not for long, cfw is another option, though there isn't any games that ever really used dsi mode (i had a 25th anniversary mario dsi xl and never saw a dsi game not including dsi-hybrid games

you can buy ds flashcards on ebay for under $15 usd:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=r4+card&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...