Baby blue
smile.gif

geonjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was given a baby blue to setup for my niece's xmas present - it has 1.3U. I have a pre-updated Acekard 2i (thanks RealHotStuff), but I'm debating on doing the upgrade. I don't think she'll be surfing the net with it.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geonjay said:
I was given a baby blue to setup for my niece's xmas present - it has 1.3U. I have a pre-updated Acekard 2i (thanks RealHotStuff), but I'm debating on doing the upgrade. I don't think she'll be surfing the net with it.

You can get things like flip note and other good dsiware on the dsi shop if you update.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still conflicted on whether or not to get a DSi (I'm getting around $100 for my birthday next month, and I'm getting around $50 for X-Mas, plus I can get the rest by the time my birthday rolls around). I have an Electric Blue DS Phat with an R4DS w/ YSMenu (which will be replaced by the Acekard 2i I bought and is being shipped). The battery life is around 3-4 hours now from constant use (I'm still going to keep the DS), and the touch screen isn't as responsive as it was say before I bought TLoZ: PH and TWEWY. I've tried the DS Lite (My step-sister has one), and it doesn't seem as responsive as the DS Phat. My sister's has a horrible mic, and when playing Spirit Tracks, it's hard to map a route because the touch screen doesn't work as well, which is strange because she rarely uses it (the most she used it for was during Kingdom Hearts gameplay). From what I've heard, the DSi is more durable than the Lite. Do you guys think it's time for an upgrade on my DS?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I'm still conflicted on whether or not to get a DSi (I'm getting around $100 for my birthday next month, and I'm getting around $50 for X-Mas, plus I can get the rest by the time my birthday rolls around). I have an Electric Blue DS Phat with an R4DS w/ YSMenu (which will be replaced by the Acekard 2i I bought and is being shipped). The battery life is around 3-4 hours now from constant use (I'm still going to keep the DS), and the touch screen isn't as responsive as it was say before I bought TLoZ: PH and TWEWY. I've tried the DS Lite (My step-sister has one), and it doesn't seem as responsive as the DS Phat. My sister's has a horrible mic, and when playing Spirit Tracks, it's hard to map a route because the touch screen doesn't work as well, which is strange because she rarely uses it (the most she used it for was during Kingdom Hearts gameplay). From what I've heard, the DSi is more durable than the Lite. Do you guys think it's time for an upgrade on my DS?

In terms of durability it depends. Overall it's pretty durable, but there's a chance your L/R buttons may break on you.

Just to be on the safe side, buy your DSi from Nintendo...or buy it from somewhere where you know you'll get a 1 year warranty.

I think if you have the money and don't mind paying the extra amount, then by all means go for it!

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
The DSi LL is for professional people only who adores or uses dictionary-like programs on the go. The LL colors are not your ordinary DS colors as they're professionally selected. Hope that helps
professional people?
blink.gif

the LL is aimed at an older audience, end of the story.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grimtooth said:
Chris_Skylock said:
The DSi LL is for professional people only who adores or uses dictionary-like programs on the go. The LL colors are not your ordinary DS colors as they're professionally selected. Hope that helps
professional people?
blink.gif

the LL is aimed at an older audience, end of the story.

I'd have to agree with that. But in Japan it is true that the DSi might be used as a dictionary device. If I recall correctly alot of people in Japan have hand held dictionarys for certain thing (can't remember exactly why though).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This DSi FAQ didn't help me out all to decide which Color I should get. And didn't tell me which DSiWare I should download once I get my DSi.
angry.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

EDIT: Should I waste 20 dollars and get the 1 year warranty from Gamestop?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
This DSi FAQ didn't help me out all to decide which Color I should get. And didn't tell me which DSiWare I should download once I get my DSi.
angry.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

EDIT: Should I waste 20 dollars and get the 1 year warranty from Gamestop?

The color and dsiware selection is complete opinion, for me to put it in as a question would be a waste of space.

And I don't know whether you should get the warranty, if you're rough with your consoles or if you won't have a case then get it.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
DSi XL = DSi LL (If you are asking that)

If between a DSi and a XL then it just has huge screens by around an inch I think. Not much besides that. Same resolutions as well.
What the hell is a DSi LL or XL? I never saw a commercial on TV for any of those 2. Must be a fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.