Hacking DSi FAQ

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, um, I saw the DSi thingy - your wrong, R4Pro/R4i works perfect - except for the lack of cheatin ability on a DSi.

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Zalda said:
if i buy a dsi from the us region, will i suffer any disadvantages because i live in a pal area?
will all the functions of the dsi work?

You will only be able to connect to the US Dsi store (which is actually kinda a good thing) and if you have a PAL wii and they come out with the video streaming channel that streams videos to your DSi to view them it might not work.

can i connect to the us dsi store in europe?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TotalNEW-B said:
Hey, um, I saw the DSi thingy - your wrong, R4Pro/R4i works perfect - except for the lack of cheatin ability on a DSi.

That doesn't mean it's not a fake, the R4i's are NOT manufactured by the original companies and are there for pretty much fake, they may work good but they're not actually the R4i.

Zalda said:
DeltaBurnt said:
QUOTE(Zalda @ Aug 6 2009, 08:33 AM) if i buy a dsi from the us region, will i suffer any disadvantages because i live in a pal area?
will all the functions of the dsi work?

You will only be able to connect to the US Dsi store (which is actually kinda a good thing) and if you have a PAL wii and they come out with the video streaming channel that streams videos to your DSi to view them it might not work.

can i connect to the us dsi store in europe?

Yes you should be able to.

Gandev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh - so can somebody explain if in the future we will be able to play DSiware games on DS Lite - of course I'm talking about the ones not using camera.Cause I see that Asphalt 4 is on Dsiware.I wonder why they haven't released it on gamecard.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gandev said:
Uhh - so can somebody explain if in the future we will be able to play DSiware games on DS Lite - of course I'm talking about the ones not using camera.Cause I see that Asphalt 4 is on Dsiware.I wonder why they haven't released it on gamecard.

That's probably 99.99% impossible, because not only does dsiware take advantage of the DSi's camera but the new ram and processing power the Dsi has meaning the DSlite wouldn't be able to handle alot of the dsiware games.

Gandev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the games out so far do not use the camera.And yes DSi has more power, but except for asphalt all dsiware games so far are some small puzzle/logic games.So I'm interesting to hear what other people think?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we had the source code to work with, sure, we could probably do it. But as is, I highly doubt it. It'd be kinda like trying to get WiiWare games work on the gamecube.

lawlR4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hehe
this may be a little bit off topic but if i would buy a DSi NOW would it have the firmware 1.4x or would it have an older firmware?
wacko.gif

i want to buy a m3i zero and if the DSi would already have 1.4x i wouldn't have to buy the DSi.
blink.gif

Well, that's all...

lawlR4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DeltaBurnt said:
There is a 99.99% chance it WON'T come with 1.4 since there are no confirmed units to come with it and it's fairly new.

EDIT: I added the question to the faq.

yay thx for the answer!!
yaynds.gif

Christopher8827

Trophies
XP
Country
lawlR4 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
There is a 99.99% chance it WON'T come with 1.4 since there are no confirmed units to come with it and it's fairly new.

yay thx for the answer!!
yaynds.gif

People don't realise that when the DSi connects to the DSiWare Shop it MUST update to the latest firmware. So, that's why the units don't ship with new firmware.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Christopher8827 said:
lawlR4 said:
DeltaBurnt said:

yay thx for the answer!!
yaynds.gif

People don't realise that when the DSi connects to the DSiWare Shop it MUST update to the latest firmware. So, that's why the units don't ship with new firmware.

Uh no that's not the reason they don't have 1.4 on the new models, just because you have to update to be able to use the dsishop doesn't mean you HAVE to update Nintendo will probably eventually put new firmwares like 1.4 on the new DSi's cause alot of people can just decide to not update and still use their flashcarts. So that is not the reason 1.4 is not on DSi's it's either because it's too new to be on new DSi's or it's not a major enough update.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um...I wouldn't doubt it if all new DSi's coming off of the assembly lines now have 1.4 on them. Just, it'd probably take awhile for that stock to get pushed up to the front.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: I added a Popular Questions section to the top for people who are too impatient to look for their question, I added some new questions about 1.4 and which cards have a fix, and a question that tells you what the new features of 1.4 are.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's some cases of bad shoulder buttons breaking but I think those were isolated incidents and it's a pretty rare problem, the shoulder buttons probably do eventually break if you have your DSi for a few years and you play alot of FPS games.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Deltaburnt quick question. Does the DSi hinge brake as fast as the DS lites did and do you know anyone that there DSi hinge broke. Also does the DSi touch screen brake as fast as the DS lite like the accuracy of it. And what about the LR buttons.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Not exactly sure about the Hinge haven't really seen any posts about that breaking yet but if it does you might be able to send it back to Nintendo if you're still under warranty.

2. The L and R buttons I would hope are more sturdy they're more of a clicking type so they either hold up just as well as the Lite or better.

3. The touch screen I think IS better with that but just to be on the safe side get a screen protector and calibrate your touch screen every couple of months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ET4pF4XcvUU?si=kDfZWTQ8q0ayUtvO lol Michael Mathers