Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
disbox-thumb.jpg

"Nintendo of America’s DSi announcement also casually mentioned there is more to the DSi than the camera and DSiWare. In case you didn’t catch the blip here’s the skinny.

QUOTE said:
In addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail. The system can also play most Nintendo DS™ games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.

A few months ago PM Studios told us they were working on making a DSi version of DJ Max Technika. Their plan is to give the Nintendo DSi release more features, but DJ Max Technika would work with a regular DS too. Hardware publishers can take advantage of on the DSi include the camera, faster network connections, the DSiWare Store, and storage space on an SD card."

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So we may New Super Mario Bros DX?
Haha, actually, I kinda like the idea of your Mii playing Super Mario.

So DSi titles will still work on the DS, they just won't have added camera, etc, sounds good to me.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
QUOTE said:
In addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail. The system can also play most Nintendo DS™ games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.
Wait, wait! What does most mean?!?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
playallday said:
War said:
QUOTE said:
Wait, wait! What does most mean?!?

It means it can't play Guitar Hero or any game that uses the GBA slot for obvious reasons
tongue.gif

I don't think there will be many DSi only games.. at least not this year.. the DS/DSL user base is huge and ignoring it by releasing a DSi only game is certainly not a good idea.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least now all those people asking if dsi flashcarts will run will make sense I'm one of those people.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
RupeeClock said:
The GBA is an 8 year old format playable on 5 systems, let it go.
I don't give a s*** how old it is. I use the emulators for snes, N64 and other ancient systems all the time. Don't go sounding like my schoolmates that would prefer any game with blood and good graphics over something better without it.

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
midna25 said:
RupeeClock said:
The GBA is an 8 year old format playable on 5 systems, let it go.
I don't give a s*** how old it is. I use the emulators for snes, N64 and other ancient systems all the time. Don't go sounding like my schoolmates that would prefer any game with blood and good graphics over something better without it.

Exactly. You use emulators. You don't complain that your Wii can't play N64 cartridges. The GBA has a tonne of great games, but Nintendo can't keep backwards compatibility in hardware forever. The DS has a big enough library now that I don't think they need the GBA slot anymore, and if I feel like playing GBA games, I'll go and play them on my DS Lite, my GBA or my GBASP. Heck, I could even go play them on my GameCube.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pizzaroo said:
It's still not a compromise for lack of GBA slot.

its rumoured that nintendo will be making GBA games DLC through some sort of built in emulator (with the DSi being more powerful than the DS). nothing like milking 8 year old games that cost Nintendo nothing....

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
midna25 said:
Calm down dude, you have to realise that
1: GBA is dead, no new games are being made, no more core systems.
2: Nintendo are likely going to keep selling the DS Lite for a long time
3: A GBA and its games are much cheaper to pick up now.

What's the problem if your DS, primarily bought for DS games, can't play GBA now? Just pick up an older system, geez.
What's stopping you from using GBA emulators on your PC anyway? Or maybe a PSP?
unsure.gif

QUOTE(Haruhi @ Feb 19 2009, 08:23 AM) Just because the external GBA slot was removed, doesn't mean the internal GBA processor or BIOS were.
Has the processor/bios actually been found in the DSi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__