T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I used a WLC100 iron (around $30 if you get a used one) a needle tip, and one of those "helphing hands" things with the magnifier. For points this small, you don't really want a non-adjustable iron.
Also, you REALLY don't want to make this your first soldering project. The points are tiny and it's kind of a pain in the ass.
i soldered before its just im looking for a new iron my old one appears to have disappeared.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to obtain the ConsoleID using TheBiggestLoser?
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be possible :( As far as I understand it anything running from the card slot has no access to NAND, so it has no way to obtain the ConsoleID.

I asked @nocash123 in another thread about the possibility of brute-forcing the ConsoleID:-
ConsoleIDs are in this form:
08A20nnnnnnnn1nnh for DSi
08A19???????????h for some other DSi
08201nnnnnnnn1nnh for DSi XL
????????????????h for 3DS
with the "n" digits being in range 0..9 (no A..F digits). As far as I remember it took around 30 hours to brute-force the correct digits (that, doing the bruteforcing on a DSi console, it may be faster on other hardware). A tool for brute-forcing the CID would be probably more interesting (since most people already have the ConsoleID, and do only need to CID). As long as you know one of the two values it shouldn't be too difficult to brute-force the other value within reasonable time.
I replied:-
The problem is that since the DSi Shop has closed if you have a DSi that has no DSiWare installed you cannot transfer any DSiWare to the SD card to get the ConsoleID.

Is it possible to make a PC program that can brute-force the CID or ConsoleID? It would be really useful if you have a NAND dump and either the CID or ConsoleID to have a program that can brute-force the other value. So for instance:-

NAND dump + CID = use PC program to brute-force ConsoleID
NAND dump + ConsoleID = use PC program to brute-force CID
At present unless you have a DSi system that already has DSiWare installed from before the shop closure your out of luck :(

Last edited by Razor83,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, what if I were to hardmod my system, could I obtain my ConsoleID with that, or is it just dsi homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Later model DSis had FS included out the box, just double-check to make sure.
Oh and, I have a very early model dsi, but it has flipnote and the dsi browser.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hmm, what if I were to hardmod my system, could I obtain my ConsoleID with that, or is it just dsi homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and, I have a very early model dsi, but it has flipnote and the dsi browser.
So copy some DSiWare out to SD, get the ConsoleID that way. The CID is the hard one; I can only get one of my 2 CIDs since my Japanese DSi is, well, Japanese

D

Deleted User

So if you didn't install SUDOKU, and don't have DSi Browser or Flipnote, is there a way to do this?
You need any DSiWare (3DS Transfer fool works) - it just needs some DSiWare to extract the ConsoleID from, and a DSi game to get the CID from.

D

Deleted User

Yes, it's DSiWare :3
EDIT: RE; you do know you need a hardmod to do this, right? If you have a hardmod you can downgrade to 1.4 from 1.4.5 easily

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this is possible for downgrading dsi 1.4.1 to 1.4.0 with ubuntu and flipnote or web browser ?im new in dsi i have 2 nds flashcard and one 3ds cfw but im confusing with dsi softmod

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nsert your DS Flashcarts SD card into your computer, and copy either the file "TB_loser_inject_EU.nds", for the EU region, or "TB_loser_inject_US.nds", for the US region, to your flashcart. Put your flashcarts SD back in your flashcart, and put your flashcart in your DS/DSLite. Start your flashcart, and run the nds file you just copied. It will be named "SaveInjector" in most flashcart menus. It will prompt you to eject your flashcart, and insert your copy of "The Biggest Loser". Do that, and press [start] on your DS/DSLite to inject the hacked save

Is there a way to inject the save using sudokuhax? I don't have a ds and I'm not sure I know anyone who has one.

Does the 3DS Transfer Tool really allow you to get the ConsoleID? AFAIK it cant be transferred to the SD card.

If it can't then it's possible that you can spoof a 3ds and then running the transfer tool will reveal your console id. Speculation, but it wouldn't hurt to install it if you're on the latest firmware just in case.

Last edited by smf,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to inject the save using sudokuhax?
No commercial DSiware have both slot-1 and sd+nand enabled (TwlNMenu does, but we're not even sure it's ever been signed for retail), and without already having CFW it's impossible to add permissions

Alternatives are a 3DS with Twlsavetool (best option) or an external programmer like R4i save Dongle

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi