Homebrew DSi doesn't boot after installing Unlaunch

laptecumiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello guys, I might be in deep crap.

I've been using the DSi CFW Guide for unlaunch + hiya cfw. I've already successfully managed to mod two other DSis that I have. But the third one seems to might have been bricked.

I've follow all the steps until the "finalization" part where it asks to install unlaunch. Here's what happened exactly:

• Dumped my clean NAND with fwtool 2.0
  • Managed to get into the Unlaunch installer
  • I've chosen the install now option
  • I've rebooted the console
  • I can see the Unlaunch splash
  • After the splash goes blank -> white screen for a second -> An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.
Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks!

And as a backup plans (if it works), I remember I bought a DSi that had from start this issue, and I've managed to fix it by replacing the wi-fi board. I already have a spare DSi for pieces, but not sure if the WiFi will help in this situation.

HUGE EDIT: If you are having this problem as me, the console not booting anymore after installing Unlaunch, just carry on with the steps to install hiya and do not panic. Afterwards, in the end, the console will revive itself!

Last edited by laptecumiere,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The console is not bricked (it probably boots fine without SD, doesn't it?)

If my above guess is true, you are booting emunand from SD (thanks to Hiya), but DSi Menu (the official one) was never designed to support huge SD cards (remember twlnand is 128 MB) and is crashing due to excessive free space
Follow the remaining part of the guide to install DSiMenu++ as launcher

laptecumiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The console is not bricked (it probably boots fine without SD, doesn't it?)

If my above guess is true, you are booting emunand from SD (thanks to Hiya), but DSi Menu (the official one) was never designed to support huge SD cards (remember twlnand is 128 MB) and is crashing due to excessive free space
Follow the remaining part of the guide to install DSiMenu++ as launcher

Here is the catch, I haven't reached the part with hiya. I'm using a simple SD card of 2GB, and worst of all, the console doesn't boot even after removing the SD.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is the catch, I haven't reached the part with hiya.
That's weird, but try going on (putting an homebrew on the SD renamed to bootcode.dsi) and seeing if that runs fine

If you are using unlaunch 1.3+ you could also try to hold Y to disable the wireless card (though I'm not sure if it work around the problem - even if caused by it; in my experience, without one, the console simply black screens all the time - but that's without Unlaunch)

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello guys, I might be in deep crap.

I've been using the DSi CFW Guide for unlaunch + hiya cfw. I've already successfully managed to mod two other DSis that I have. But the third one seems to might have been bricked.

I've follow all the steps until the "finalization" part where it asks to install unlaunch. Here's what happened exactly:

• Dumped my clean NAND with fwtool 2.0
  • Managed to get into the Unlaunch installer
  • I've chosen the install now option
  • I've rebooted the console
  • I can see the Unlaunch splash
  • After the splash goes blank -> white screen for a second -> An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.
Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks!

And as a backup plans (if it works), I remember I bought a DSi that had from start this issue, and I've managed to fix it by replacing the wi-fi board. I already have a spare DSi for pieces, but not sure if the WiFi will help in this situation.

HUGE EDIT: If you are having this problem as me, the console not booting anymore after installing Unlaunch, just carry on with the steps to install hiya and do not panic. Afterwards, in the end, the console will revive itself!
I have this problem too. After installing Unlaunch, I get that black screen problem. I install HiyaCFW still get that black screen, and then I install DSiMenu++, my DSi finally boot. The problem is, when I backup my NAND the WiFi is off, now, if I try to turn on the WiFi, my DSi will restart and get that black screen again. So, I'm out of luck doing multiplayer and I don't want to go back to the original firmware, any solution?

mondul

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
when I backup my NAND the WiFi is off, now, if I try to turn on the WiFi, my DSi will restart and get that black screen again. So, I'm out of luck doing multiplayer and I don't want to go back to the original firmware, any solution?
Happened to me also. So I booted the NAND dump with No$GBA, turned on the Wi-Fi there, and then redid the HiyaCFW SD card.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Happened to me also. So I booted the NAND dump with No$GBA, turned on the Wi-Fi there, and then redid the HiyaCFW SD card.
Well... I did the same thing.. So now I have 2 SD Cards, one for wifi on and one for off. The thing is, I'm a little bit worried at one point this solution could broke my sd card slot

mondul

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well... I did the same thing.. So now I have 2 SD Cards, one for wifi on and one for off. The thing is, I'm a little bit worried at one point this solution could broke my sd card slot
There is no problem keeping it on as it only draws power when it's used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out