Homebrew DSi CFW Section?

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe its time to have a DSi CFW section like we do for 3DS...

Really looking forward to some DSi CFW action. I'd love to be able to unlock a bit more horsepower for emulation and homebrew... running DSiWare and DSi enhanced games would also be nice.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe its time to have a DSi CFW section like we do for 3DS...

Really looking forward to some DSi CFW action. I'd love to be able to unlock a bit more horsepower for emulation and homebrew... running DSiWare and DSi enhanced games would also be nice.
This has been brought up multiple times, and I agree completely with you, but it seems the staff are very fickle with making new sections, +1.

Reactions: siamese

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how the Xbox One gets a hacking section from only a PoC exploit, but a subsection can not even be made for the DSi despite a confirmed CFW that will be released soon and general interest in hacking the DSi improving.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
It's funny how the Xbox One gets a hacking section from only a PoC exploit, but a subsection can not even be made for the DSi despite a confirmed CFW that will be released soon and general interest in hacking the DSi improving.
The source is already on Github by the way, and it can be compiled into a .nds file, but it needs RocketLauncher to work. RocketLauncher isn't even out yet.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's now 2018, EUR and JAP DSi consoles can be easily modded too, new DSi Mode homebrews are being released, there really needs to be a separate section

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-30_16-33-16.png

Please check the timestamps next time.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes so it is against gbatemp.net rules to post in a dead thread. Any thread that has not been posted in for 6 months or more is a dead thread. So do you now see the problem lol.
Mine was just a simple observation, the alternative was making another thread regarding the matter which would've been worse imo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes so it is against gbatemp.net rules to post in a dead thread. Any thread that has not been posted in for 6 months or more is a dead thread. So do you now see the problem lol.
It's also heavily frowned upon to make a new thread when a thread already exist that fills that void.
Since a CFW now exist for the DSi, this thread already fills the void that nullifies the need for a new thread. Basically @zacchi4k did the right thing by bumping this thread over making a new one because there's no reason to make a new one with this one already existing.
Side note, there needs to be a DSi CFW section now that one actually exist.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also the rules only have a "Avoid bumping (reviving) old or new topics; they'll be replied to when they're replied to." paragraphs, which I'm pretty sure refers to people asking a question, not getting answers and bumping the thread in order to make it more visible. Nowhere in the rules there's a finite amount of time after something is considered necrobumping, in fact, nowhere in the rules necrobumping is mentioned either.
Furthermore, I've found this thread where a supervisor says that "There are cases where necrobumping is preferred or justified" (pretty much what @Lilith Valentine said too)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.