Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys

Just wondering is thre anything I can do to get my Acekard 2.1 working on my DSI with 1.4U version?

If not could you suggest a card that is ready to go for my 1.4U DSI?

Also I don't have any other ds consoles atm.

purchased one of these http://www.ndscardsale.com/product/Acekard...Si-NDSi-DS-Lite
smile.gif

Been out of the game for a while these cards good http://www.r4ds-r4i.co.uk/products/Hyper-R...-Time-Save.html ?

Thanks

Josh

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An Acekard 2.1 won't work on any DSi on any firmware. You will need to get a Acekard 2i if you want to use a Acekard 2 on a DSi. Also, you will need to patch it so it will work with DSi 1.4, so you will have to get or borrow a DS, DS Lite, or a DSi 1.3 or under.

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't have any friends with one, can I buy a different flashcard and that will work?

Does the Super Card two work with 1.4U?

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
YEP,DSTwo absolutely will work on DSi 1.4 and TBH it's the most ultimate flash cart at the moment.If you have the budget,go for it.If you are not planning to play GBA games on your DSi,you can buy AK2i from ShopTemp for around $15 (and add $1) for flashing/service so that you can use the card on your DSi 1.4 directly without the need to update it yourself.

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that so the DStwo I just buy now and it work with out getting a micro sd card and the flash service?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
al5911 said:
YEP,DSTwo absolutely will work on DSi 1.4 and TBH it's the most ultimate flash cart at the moment.

with really buggy firmware, buggy gba support, buggy options, a high price, lots of in-game menu bugs, etc.

it has the potential to be an a memorable flash kit, maybe a year or two from now.

the current state of the firmware it is very hard to call it "the most ultimate flash cart at the moment."

-another world

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
joshwaan2k said:
Thanks for that so the DStwo I just buy now and it work with out getting a micro sd card and the flash service?

YEP, it will work on your DSi 1.4 straight away...but make sure you go to DSTwo review under GBATemp articles to get your DSTwo working and as much info you'll need.
Head on to Supercard website to download DSTwo latest EOS firmware first...

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok so yep it work fine with my 1.4U great stuff thanks for the help, like I said been out of the game for a while.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another World said:
al5911 said:
YEP,DSTwo absolutely will work on DSi 1.4 and TBH it's the most ultimate flash cart at the moment.

with really buggy firmware, buggy gba support, buggy options, a high price, lots of in-game menu bugs, etc.

it has the potential to be an a memorable flash kit, maybe a year or two from now.

the current state of the firmware it is very hard to call it "the most ultimate flash cart at the moment."

-another world

YEP, it's looks everything quite buggy right now... lets hope the big name brand/team work on it for future update ...
cool.gif
Yeah...wrong word used there ... just want to say something like ...'best flash cart out there for the most feature rich firmware'
cool.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thankfully supercard supports their products. however, they haven't really worked out a lot of the firmware bugs in the scds1. i know they will stick with the scds2 and based on that i do recommend the card.

-another world

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
QUOTE said:

-another world

Wow...this line ...I really hope not because I already ordered 2 pcs and will arrived very very soon.TBH I only like the beautiful UI,features rich and nds games compatibility, not so for the GBA emu

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
al5911 said:
Wow...this line ...I really hope not because I already ordered 2 pcs and will arrived very very soon.TBH I only like the beautiful UI,features rich and nds games compatibility, not so for the GBA emu
He is exaggerating. The UI is very nice, it has features no other flashcart has and the game compatibility is perfect. It won't take a year or two to reach its full potential.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Miser said:
He is exaggerating. The UI is very nice, it has features no other flashcart has and the game compatibility is perfect. It won't take a year or two to reach its full potential.

the UI uses an unorganized directory structure, multiple .nds files for the firmware, and it constantly resets back to the top menu. the in-game features, which you claim are unique, exist on a few other kits. it lacks homebrew softreset, has dldi patching issues, has dsi compatibility issues, has “icon” based UI navigation launching issues, and more.

the scds1 v3 still has MANY problems and that card is 2 years old.

the game compatibility is far from perfect. many nds roms do not work, some have errors, POR doesn't work, etc. the in-game menu fails on some games, other games have in-game menu feature bugs, etc.

do not, ever again, tell someone i am exaggerating. you don't know me so how could you know if i was exaggerating? based on team supercards track record they will support the card for many years, based on the same track record the support will never be 100% and it will take 2 years for them to work out most of the annoying bugs.

next time you wish to make a statement that calls me out, do your research. i've already spent more than 300 hours with the sdcs2, i am intimate with its shortcomings.

@al5911: the in-game features, for the most part, work pretty well. i've already experienced many documented problems with a large amount of tested .nds games. i've currently tested 300+ games. i'm playing through 4 games right now and i've found cheat problems, slow motion problems, save state corruption, game errors, and more. the on board cpu is a gimmick at best, at this point. the gba emu has very poor gba homebrew support and some internal bugs. also anything that uses the cpu eats up the battery. on the second back-light setting on my dsi XL, i only get 2-3 hours of gba gaming time. on my ds lite with the second back-light setting i get just over 3 hours. there are nds homebrew files that only work on a ds lite/phat, they will not respond on the dsi. there are dldi auto patching problems for homebrew launched via the "icon" UI system you all seem so fond of. there are also dldi patching problems for a file used on the dsi, but the same file works fine on the ds lite. the firmware is not fully supported, the video support, ebook reader, and snes emu have yet to be released. the firmware lacks many features because it was coded as a fork of 3 year old acekard rpg firmware code. users can not tweak out the experience, debug problems, etc. about the only thing that is working correct at this point is the anti-piracy patching.

its a great little card, its not worth $40 considering the current state of the firmware. if in-game menu options are a must for you (guide, slow-mo, save states) then you could go with another card that has better support for around the same price. if those features don't matter at all then you could pick up an ak2i for around $15 and benefit from the akaio firmware.

the scds2 has the potential to be a very memorable flash kit, which all hinges on their firmware. i hope they start to fix bugs and problems before they offer more buggy features that people seem so fond of.

i've been in contact with a few homebrew developers who might bring emulators to the scds2, if and when the official sdk is released. if emulation is your thing (which it is mine) then this card could be the card to have for the nds. no more limits of slow slot2 ram, slow cpu, low video ram, etc. but the trade off is low battery life.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Another World you should be a news reporter or something. Maybe you can get a job at engadget or something! You really know your stuff and put in hard work when you do something. Just look at that post its huge, and smells quality.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
the in-game features, which you claim are unique, exist on a few other kits
Name another card that has the real time cheat function.
Multiple RTS slots?

QUOTE(Another World @ Jun 22 2010, 03:25 AM) pick up an ak2i for around $15 and benefit from the akaio firmware.
There it is!

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
Another World said:
the in-game features, which you claim are unique, exist on a few other kits
Name another card that has the real time cheat function. Supercard DSonei
Multiple RTS slots? M3i Zero. I think CycloDS also.

QUOTE(Another World @ Jun 22 2010, 03:25 AM) pick up an ak2i for around $15 and benefit from the akaio firmware.
There it is!

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Supercard DSonei
Talking about the feature where you create cheats on the fly by searching the memory. DSONEi doesn't have that. Also, weren't all RTC features removed from DSONEi a while back anyway?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a real time cheat engine is worth $40? all the tools to make the same cheats using a computer are free, although a bit more work. 90% of the people i've spoken too have used the cheat engine to attempt to make a cheat for shits and giggles. there are a small handful of people (i could probably name them all) who will actually use that as a tool.

your trying to rebuttal based on that one feature?

also don't quote me out of context, your making it seem like i said the acekard is better because of akaio.

what i said said:
its a great little card, its not worth $40 considering the current state of the firmware. if in-game menu options are a must for you (guide, slow-mo, save states) then you could go with another card that has better support for around the same price. if those features don't matter at all then you could pick up an ak2i for around $15 and benefit from the akaio firmware.

-another world

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
a real time cheat engine is worth $40?
Now that's just silly. You don't pay $40 for RTC, you pay for all the features. It's not like you get a M3i or DSONEi for free anyway. Sure, they have alot of the same features, but the DSTwo has even more.

Also, are you implying that AKAIO is bug-free? Take a quick look at the Acekard section.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: