kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to access this homebrew but the loading takes forever and never actually lets me enter...Is it b/c I actually have to pick a correct port number rather than leave the default 666? Or something else?
Please reply,
KEvin

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
DSHobro doesn't need slot 2. The loading time is correct, it would be faster if the DS had a better WiFi chip... the current one is quite terrible. Or maybe it's the library that doesn't make good use of it.

Also please describe the part where you're stuck... If the homebrew doesnt load at all then you have a problem...
If it's stuck at another screen, then you got a different problem, etc.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. well, the problem is when I try to connect. It just stays there saying...Initilizing connection. I tried (at home) and (Internet). I can't actually find the use in picking one or the other. So when I pick either and try to connect online...It says initialising Wifi, and stays there...forever...any reason why?
Thanks for replying so fast Costello.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
n/p, I just happened to be around when you posted the topic (I'm not around much these days)

if it says "initialising wifi", then it means your DS can't find a Wifi hotspot to connect to...
try getting as close as possible to your wifi source.. also, your NDS needs to be configured correctly.
To configure it, I think you need to use a real game (e.g. Mario Kart DS) and configure the Wifi from there.
The wifi settings are saved on the DS, and will be used in homebrew games/applications...

If you can't get it to work, even after trying this, then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for you.
Like I said the WiFi chip on the DS is either very low-quality, or the library exploiting it is flawed. Either way there's not much I can do
frown.gif
sorry

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When setting up your WFC config, use manual settings rather than letting it automatically get an IP address, DNS settings, etc. This increases the chance it will work with homebrew.

As for loading times, see my video demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRBoKg3y63s but be sure to read the video description. Since I got a bit more RAM for my computer after making that video, loading times have decreased a noticeable amount. I also tried DSHobro on our family computer once, and it was 10 times slower than what I can get on my own computer, which I am almost positive is due to the interference of Norton Security Suite or whatever it's called.

EDIT: And this makes post #1337, w00t

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...still the same problem...From what I can guess...Is it neccessary to foward port my router? To allow myself to connect onto it? If so...anyone know where I can do this? Thanks, for any replies.
Kevenka

Mr. Noid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to broadcast your SSID for homebrew. Try that first. If that doesn't work, set the Basic Rate Set to 1-2mbps (if you have a router.)
smile.gif

Mr. Noid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's the name of the hotspot. Like when you scan for WiFi it shows the name, that's an ssid. In your routers wireless settings turn broacast ON.

Mr. Noid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On mine it's quite simple
ssidod4.png

Are you sure you've looked through all the settings? You might want to check the website of the router company.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Nice vid Dan... Didnt know there were videos and tutorials about my little homebrew.
sorry I can't be more helpful, kevenka. The WiFi library is still in an early stage... I could build the program again with the newest wifi library, hopefully it has been updated since the last build (over 6 months ago)...

there's a video tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2VMBf1aR8...feature=related

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea...I think I have to fowardport it to allow third party to gain access to my connection. Thanks for everything-everyone. I'll tell you my results soon.
Kevenka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT