Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Cheers! Do you mean the Cyclo firmware? It works a little differently then the other cards doesn't it?

Yes the update firmware is actually a file called UPDATE.EVO in a zip file with that and a readme text file. All that needs to be done is to unzip the file and place UPDATE.EVO on the root of the memory card...

Then you turn on the NDS and the CycloDS Evo will update its internal firmware and files inside the /CycloDS Folder

El_Presidente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting "List index out of bounds (-1)" each time I click on the NDS list. Messages at the bottom say 'Please wait while I build the NDS Libabry index', but they don't go away, even when left for hours.

I have scanned in around 800+ objects.

Machine is relatively fast - Dual core, Vista Premium 32-bit.
DSFCC version is v0.26a.
Tried running as Admin or without.

Am I missing something or do I have a bug?

El_Presidente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New error when scanning the download directory.

Appears in the file processor window.

"Access violation at address 00404782 in module 'DSFCC.exe'. Read of address 0005001B."

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been hard at work the last couple of days and added IRC to DSFCC! The IRC client is very basic and allows for chatting in channels, private messaging and that's about it. It's handy if all you want is a chat client and don't need all the extra features of apps like mIRC.

Commands
========
/me - You can use the /me command to perform an "action" ie /me slaps everyone around.
/away - Set an away message, type /away to clear it and set yourself as back.

Double clicking on a user in the user list will open a private message window for you to chat in.
Double clicking on a channel joins the selected channel!

Enjoy!

*** Upgrade through the DSFCC autoupgrader.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
0.27a
+ Program now tells you when corruptions are found in the DS library, removes them and displays the corrupted entry in the status log.
+ You can now save the status log.
+ Fixed problem where time wasn't being displayed during a /me command. (tdIRC)

El_Presidente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
0.27a
+ Program now tells you when corruptions are found in the DS library, removes them and displays the corrupted entry in the status log.

Worked a treat - determined that my first 30-40 ROMs appeared corrupt and removed them from the database. I then re-scanned just those and the full list appears in the NDS library now.

Haven't tried loading them onto my MicroSD yet, but I don't anticipate any further errors.

Great stuff!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
El_Presidente said:
TrolleyDave said:
0.27a

Worked a treat - determined that my first 30-40 ROMs appeared corrupt and removed them from the database. I then re-scanned just those and the full list appears in the NDS library now.

Haven't tried loading them onto my MicroSD yet, but I don't anticipate any further errors.

Great stuff!

Cool! I don't know why it became corrupt like it did but the new version will definitely sort it out. Copying the stuff over to the MicroSD should work fine. The problem was that the files had an entry in the index but not in the database so when it tried to add the info to the list it just crashed, as long as the details are in the database it'll copy it across fine. Any more problems you find just let me know and I'll fix em as quick as I can.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
0.27b
+ Fixed the alignment of Show Saves? tickbox in explorer panel.

0.27c
+ tdIRC updated to v0.01
++ Added /help command.
++ Added /quit command.
++ Added link to TrolleyGuy blog.
++ Added background image to PM window.
++ Added Server drop down menu option. Use the option to select between DALnet, EFnet and GBAtemp.
++ You can now save the raw data text to disk.
++ Fixed a bug where exiting from tdIRC would close DSFCC as well.
++ Added hints to most things in the main window.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
!#!?#%!#@ DSFCC just broke every single ROM I was trying to copy over from my PC to my new microSDHC card. I couldn't fit everything on the card, so I selected all but 3. Those 3 are the only ones intact. Everything else looks like this:

75873149.jpg

Previous to attempting to copy this over, these were all intact zips with the .nds file inside. Needless to say, I'm really annoyed. The only message DSFCC gave me was "error unzipping file" or something along those lines for every single game it deleted. Luckily, it chose not to delete my saves, but wow that's a huge pain in the ass.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
!#!?#%!#@ DSFCC just broke every single ROM I was trying to copy over from my PC to my new microSDHC card. I couldn't fit everything on the card, so I selected all but 3. Those 3 are the only ones intact. Everything else looks like this:

75873149.jpg

Previous to attempting to copy this over, these were all intact zips with the .nds file inside. Needless to say, I'm really annoyed. The only message DSFCC gave me was "error unzipping file" or something along those lines for every single game it deleted. Luckily, it chose not to delete my saves, but wow that's a huge pain in the ass.

It WILL fail unzipping even if you are not using DSFCC ... its simply a result of not enough or running out of space mid unpack onto the memcard sometimes it can cause a corruption of the card I've had it happen in the past ....unfortunately it can and does occasionally happen
frown.gif

..... Unless Dave can code in some way of pre calculating the total size of all the game files both trimmed or untrimmed and display it visibly prior to you clicking to copy them over then its pretty much guesswork I'm afraid
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:

I don't see how it's possible for DSFCC to do that to the zip files while copying them across to the card. All it does is simply unzip them using the windows zip library, it does nothing to the internal of the archive itself. It doesn't unpack them to the MicroSD card either, it unpacks them onto the hard drive first.

Have you run out of space on the hard disk? Also, how did you copy them over, using the Game Library or File Explorer? If I were you I'd run a scandisk on your hard drive to check for corruptions as well. Like I said, as DSFCC doesn't actually do any writing to the zip file, it's just a simple unpack call, I don't see how it could cause it to trash all of the zip files. I'll definitely look into it though. What version of Vista are you using?

QUOTE(kobykaan @ May 16 2009, 08:47 PM) It WILL fail unzipping even if you are not using DSFCC ... its simply a result of not enough or running out of space mid unpack onto the memcard sometimes it can cause a corruption of the card I've had it happen in the past ....unfortunately it can and does occasionally happen
frown.gif

..... Unless Dave can code in some way of pre calculating the total size of all the game files both trimmed or untrimmed and display it visibly prior to you clicking to copy them over then its pretty much guesswork I'm afraid
frown.gif

DSFCC unpacks them to a temp folder on the hard drive before copying them across just in case there ain't enough space, plus believe it or not unpacking to the hard drive then trimming then copying it across is a little bit faster then unpacking it direct to the card and trimming it directly on there - don't ask me why! lol

It should be checking to see if there's enough free space on the card before copying them across though, I've obviously broken the code during an update somewhere along the lines! Nobody else has reported it though. In the bottom right hand corner it shows how large the size of the game(s) you've selected are and the free space on the card. It's supposed to flash up a warning if you go over the free space amount, I'll look into that cos that might be broken as well. I've got a dodgy usb port that's always resetting so I only do one game at a time just in case so never noticed it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DSFCC 0.27d released!

0.27d
-----
+ Fixed a bug where user profile folders weren't being created during a new install.
+ Fixed a bug with the Show Saves? checkbox in the File Explorer panel.
+ File list boxes now get refreshed properly when folder paths are change in configuration panel.
+ Some other various graphical fixes.
+ Changed name of tdIRC to tgIRC.
++ tgIRC no longer creates rawdata.txt on exit.

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I try to drag and drop a game into DSFCC, I get an error:

"Cannot open file "". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Any way around this? I think it's something to do with games not in the database but is there a way of DSFCC adding the game to my list anyway and then updating the relevant data when the new release list is updated?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Dazimus said:
When I try to drag and drop a game into DSFCC, I get an error:

"Cannot open file "". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Any way around this? I think it's something to do with games not in the database but is there a way of DSFCC adding the game to my list anyway and then updating the relevant data when the new release list is updated?

If it can't add it because it's not in the list it actually pops up a message saying "Not in release list, can't add". It sounds more like it could be a corrupt archive file or something similar. Try unpacking the file manually and see if it's ok. If it is try copying the file into the folder the file explorer is set to and using the scan button to add it. If that doesn't work then let me know. I'll have a look at the code later to see if I can see what can be causing it though. What release number is it and what format is the archive in that you're dropping in?

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great tool. I think I like it a little more with my cyclos over RToolDS

If you added a detailed view for easy sorting like RToolDS has, and the ability to pick more than one (two if you include the fav folder) folders on your sd card it would be perfect.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo_Chick said:
Great tool. I think I like it a little more with my cyclos over RToolDS

If you added a detailed view for easy sorting like RToolDS has, and the ability to pick more than one (two if you include the fav folder) folders on your sd card it would be perfect.

I'll look into adding more folders but I'm not sure about the detailed view. I did it for R4 Commander V2 and it looked messy to me, I quite like the list view. Plus I couldn't figure out how to put the icon in the list box. I'll give it another go at some point though.

QUOTE(Noitora @ May 26 2009, 12:13 AM) A great utility by a great member! The rename function is a lifesaver!

Cheers Noity mate!
biggrin.gif
If there's any macros you want adding to the renamer just let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ