Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DScratch pre-teta-alpha (date 071016)
Audio manipulation software

DScratch is a homebrew audio manipulation software for the DS made by gorgull. It's in "pre-teta-alpha" stages at the moment but is functioning. DScratch is made using the Protein engine and allows use of .wav files. It can also output MIDI over Wi-Fi. Quick head's up to R4DS owners - apparently this application is having problems working properly on the R4DS! The author is aware of the issue.[title:DScratch readme]DScratch is the first module made using Protein engine - it's a little audio manipulation software running on DS which ables you to play with an existing .wav file or recorded audio sample; you can pitch it, scratch it, rewind, mute and apply effects on it. Moreover, DScratch sends MIDI through wifi connection, which ables you to control external applications, like a VJing software as I do.

FEATURES:

* load .wav file or live-recorded audio
* scratch
* pitch control
* FX "Retrig"
* FX "DownSampling"
* Midi OUT (wireless)
* stylus control
* NDSMotion control

DEMO:

Here's the pre-teta-alpha demo v071016:

NOTES:

* The manual is in README.txt
* There's no file browser for the moment - replace the Protein/Data/Sounds/sample.wav file with your own sample - for the moment the sample is fully loaded in RAM, so it can't load a sample bigger than ~1MB.

KNOWN ISSUES:

* no file browser - default sample.wav
* sample.wav is limited to ~1MBytes - I'm currently testing audio file streaming feature
* FX Retrig isn't synchronized to rythm - I'm currently rewriting the effect, it will be really better next time ;-)
* won't work properly on today's R4DS - I just bought one to test and some problems remain
* certainly a lot of other things - remember it's an early alpha :-p
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Home page

jayleferm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
I just found out about this little homebrew!

*Pulls out MicroSD Adapter...

biggrin.gif
When I read the first post by Shaun, it said it had problems with R4s.. I scrolled down and found a R4/M3Simply hack..

So thanks for that, jayleferm.

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...