OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi All!

Since I wanted to see if people can make DS homebrew applications with my new programming language, I decided to hold the contest here. The contest is to see how powerful the DSAL language is so far, so here are some requirments to this contest:
Code:
The application must be a console-type

The application must do more than one thing

The application must involve the use of controls(Stylus, A button, ect...)

You must use the latest version of DS App Studio(official site)

Tell me what you learned about this language(what types of functions did you learn to use)

Post your homebrew here for others to see.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There are several serious flaws with your contest...
1. No documentation (how can we create anything without knowing what functions are in the language)
2. Quite frankly, I can't even get the "Hello World" to show up.
3. The DS App Studio isn't even stable yet, at the moment it just looks pretty.
4. A variety of the things don't seem to do anything (unless it has something to do with the hidden documentation)
5. You are expecting noobs to come up with more advanced homebrew than the ones I have actually seen made by your program (Tap to Death and Tap the Button...both of which sound the same to me) without any examples.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
what is the prize?
There is no prize, unless you would like Pro edition for life at no expense (in which case, someone could suggest it as a prize)...not that it does anything, but it does have "Pro" in the name...Of course, you could suggest something else that could be a prize, but the likelihood of it being something worthwhile and of monetary value is close to zero, so I would advise you to suggest something free...preferably something that you could just as easily get by yourself by scouring the internet, but for the most part, I'm betting a suggestion of a prize that is free to obtain for both the developers and the winner will probably have the highest chances of success.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
No prize for a half done software? Lulz. When the finished project is done, thats when you do these!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should really think your contests through before making them. This just seems to have wasted a lot of people's time.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
It isn't really a contest.
It is more of a test to see what people can make with this software so far.
Ok, now I am lost...so it's titled a contest without really being a contest, we have no way of knowing what functions there are, we are attempting to make homebrew with said software we don't know functions for, we are apparently going to attempt this with no incentives whatsoever, we are doing this purely for our own almost enjoyment with a program that isn't even fully functional, we are expected to make something more complex than the two demos that the developer and the supposed top programmer have made, both of which were only tapping games that we could probably make with PAlib and have a much easier time doing it, AND we have to do it when it isn't even possible to get the "Hello World" that it comes with to work...

So far, all you cleared up is the fact that this isn't really a contest, doesn't really have a prize, doesn't really have a motivating reason, and we are just your guinea pigs to measure how you are coming along...but that doesn't solve the biggest problem...there is NO updated documentation...it is plain crazy thinking ANYONE will be able to do anything without some documentation of what functions are usable...

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RoyalCardMan said:
The manual you can download at the forums.

I searched the forms thoroughly for this so called download. Founds nothing. I then used the search button, using "Manual" as the keyword. Also found nothing. When loading up the program, it has a button to show the manual..Which doesn't show the manual.

Where is it? Did you make the forum where it is only available to admins or something?

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah.. It tells us how to make Hello World.. But that's it. Hello World. We need a list of commands, and parameters it takes, how it runs. You've given us nothing to work with, so how do you expect us to make anything? :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: