DS_GAME

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by impizkit, Jun 2, 2010.

1. impizkit
    OP

impizkit Lazy Lurker

Apr 6, 2010
    I dont know if this has been asked, but is it possible to change the name of "DS_GAME" on the DSTWO main menu? I want to get rid of that damn underscore but dont know how. I know with any other icon, it can be changed with the .ini file attached to the icon but there is not one for DS_GAME. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

2. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    In the ini change the "name=DS_GAME" to "name=DS Game"

It seems there isn't an ini ...

3. Matt140

Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    England
    Sure, you have to use a Hex Editor though (I use hxd). Open up the dstwo.nds file and search for DS_GAME, you can then change the name aslong as the new value is a maximum of seven characters long (so you couldn't have DS Games, but you can have DS Game).

4. impizkit
    OP

impizkit Lazy Lurker

Apr 6, 2010
    Excellent. Thank you. I will give that a try. Never used a hex editor before, hope I can figure it out.

5. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    There's a guide on the Supercard forums about this - I see if I can dig it out for you

EDIT: Found it - but it wasn't what I remember [http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6061-1-3.html]

So here's a quick guide on how I did it
    > First download a hex editor - the one I use is the 'portable' version of HxD (found here) as I don't need to install it
    > Start up hxD, & either click/drag or select 'file' > 'open' the file 'dstwo.nds' in the '/_dstwo/' folder
    > Click on 'Search' > 'Find' (or do ctrl+f) > type in 'ds_game' (don't forget the underline)
    > Hopefully the first one you come across should be on the line that starts '00031A00', and you should have the numbers below highlighted
    Code:
    44 53 5F 47 41 4D 45
    > Click on the '5F' to highlight BOTH of the characters
    > Type in '20' - this will change the _ (underline) into a space
    > Click on 'Save' and thats' it - don't worry if you made a mistake since hxD makes a backup

Now when you start - instead of 'DS_Game' you now have 'DS Game'

6. solarpolitiks

solarpolitiks Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for this. I used your tutorial as well as this link (http://www.theproblemsite.com/codes/hex.asp) To change it to say DS Roms as opposed to DS GAME. It was bugging me a lot considering it was the only option in all caps, heh.