DS #XXXX: Game and Watch Collection 2 (USA)

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
Hrm, is this the Japanese one but in English now? Or has there already been an English one and I'm just very slow?
the first one was in retail stores around December 2008 in english

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MAN! I remember I had two games like this many years ago, but they weren't Game'N'Watch. They only had one screen, but folded in half and looked like a woman's makeup compact. The top half was a solar cell. These things were addictive and they ran on almost any type of light you can imagine.....though they didn't work on the light of an old CRT TV. One of them died when the wire going from the solar cell to the game in the bottom half of the clamshell got wore out (it was my favorite one too), but the other kept going....I can't for the life of me remember whatever happened to it. I think it got lost in the move to where I live now 10 years ago. To tell the truth, I can't even remember the details of the two games....but I remember that I liked them for what they were.

This plays just in the same style as those old games. I'll have to get this just for nostalgia's sake.

I say we leave it a numbered release regardless of whether you can buy it in a store or not. It deserves a # just because it's classic gaming uniquely suited to the DS.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow was wondering if the English version would get dumped. Alas, it too late for me, since I ordered it from Club Nintendo about a month ago, but it is actually worth the 800 points i spent for it. This one is so much better than the first collection, in my opinion.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Thanks for the video!

Awesome, some friends have yet game & watch. We use to laught with them thinking they´re actually DSes

But equally epical, such awesome consoles..

btw when i saw that octopus i thought of brawl, where g&w uses its special power, being an octopus.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Octopus is my favorite Game and Watch game ever. While it is cool Nintendo is making these, my soul screams out for a new Game and Watch Gallery. Think of how many games they could put on a DS card. Modern versions are cool too!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rayder said:
Wasn't there a homebrew that attempted to make these kinds of games?
Correct, I forgot what it's called though... But it wasn't really good IIRC, and the author didn't continue his work (don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I think it's like that)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still have my real game&Watch working
biggrin.gif

I have "boxing" from 1984's Micro Vs. System series, check the game list and version here

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's...weird that this was just updated.

I've had this rom for nearly a year lol

edit: oh, I see. This is the US release.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only found one website with the US rom, and it's a mediocre pirating forum that requires you to register.

EDIT: Nope, it's G&WC1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny