DS-Xtreme firmware 1.1.2 released

RexNebular

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, and skin support for the DS-X is pretty much non-existent. Quite a let down, there.

DS-X actually has more advanced skin support than any other flashcard but for some reason skinners think editing an easy to read .xml file is too complex, so they don't make as many skins as for other cards.

Gr4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You're from the DS-X team? My statements are not my own, I just repeated what DS-X Guru said around 2 weeks ago on DS-X forums.

I'm in no way connected to the ds-x team

http://www.ds-x.com/cgi-bin/dsx/engine.pl?page=home

You may note that we seemed to have "skipped" version 1.1.1, this is not quite the case... The currently shipping 2GB devices are pre-programmed with 1.1.1 which is very similar to this version but lacks the increased virtual eeprom and has a known issue with suspending while running applications. It is highly recommended that ALL users apply this update to enjoy the maximum flexibility their ds-xtreme can offer.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nearly all games. Last I checked there were still problems with some such as Castlevania PoR locking up, or Rocket Slime that freezes at the beginning.

Mawile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh, and skin support for the DS-X is pretty much non-existent. Quite a let down, there.

DS-X actually has more advanced skin support than any other flashcard but for some reason skinners think editing an easy to read .xml file is too complex, so they don't make as many skins as for other cards.
yep. it is really good. and it's not my problem, so many people don't know and are afraid of xml. i'm thinking of writing some keypad for stilus-inputing a pass... i'm not sure, i am able to implement it on DS-X, but i'm sure, it's impossible for other flashcars unless they implement such a feature themsekves. that's not that interesting...

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We plan to re-grade all reviews because the final score is out of date and is giving people looking for the best cart at the moment false info. No one wants to buy a cart because it used to be the best.

Scores also reflect how well the product has been supported over time. The DS-X has had a shoddy amount of lacklustre updates, whereas the R4 has had some fantastic continued updates that add new features that weren't originally advertised. The reviews (slash guides) need to reflect that.

The R4DS has a con in it's review that says "Lacking extra features". That was the case then, but isn't the case now, so it's false info.
The DSX has a pro that says "+ Real English fast product support" that's certainly not the case when people are ignored on their forums and support tickets take up to 3 weeks to get a reply.

We're only doing this for our members. We don't to be feeding them false info.

I would agree with demoting the DS-X in ratings, but I think you may need to give it more credit for what it does right.

Feature for feature, the R4 is the best card out there right now. But let's face it. It's not as user friendly as the DS-X.

The DS-X has three major things it does right. The USB interface is easier to use than MicroSD cards, and the DS-X can be programmed while it's still sitting in the DS. The DS-X's game selection list, while slower than the R4, is prettier and actually works with the touch screen. Finally, the DS-X's insta-boot feature blows the R4's shitty "name your ROM default.nds (on your PC) and watch it walk through the loader" feature out of the water.

Knock the DS-X down below the R4, but be sure to mention that it is still the easiest-to-use solution out there. It's a good girlfriend/wife/mother flashcard.

- N

(I really miss that insta boot feature. ::sniff:: That's the only thing that keeps me from selling my DS-X. It's so nice.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==