DS-Xtreme firmware 1.1.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 14, 2007.

May 14, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

DS-Xtreme firmware 1.1.2 released

Out now...

Team DS-X have released version 1.1.2 of their DS-Xtreme firwmare. Nothing exciting in this release, just a yawn-fest of bug fixes and support for the new 2GB model, which has, today; begun shipping to retailers.
    [​IMG] Source & Download

Thanks to thegame07 for the news!

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Yawn-fest indeed. I don't see any reason to update my DS-X.

3. LiDDiS

Newcomer LiDDiS Newbie

Canada
    What a joke. I got a ds-x when they first came out, wish I'd waited for other slot-1 cards. Half the features, twice the price!
    Not to mention the DS-X team shit in their customer's faces on a regular basis.

4. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    If you think you're brave enough then sell it and buy another flash card and don't start bashing a great Nintendo DS flash card when there's a news about an update which isn't required because nearly everything works perferct :-\

5. LiDDiS

Newcomer LiDDiS Newbie

Canada
    I just feel ripped off is all. I probably will sell it and get an R4.

6. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    I updated my DS-X, works fine. I'm still annoyed that they don't have a platform agnostic updater. Sure it updates under wine on Linux but I don't see why you can't copy a .bin file in the root directory and upon next boot-up you'll see an "Updating..." screen.

Oh well, it's not like I've been too impressed lately. Although I can't see getting anything else anytime soon since I don't play that many DS games. and it supports everything I want to play.

When the time comes I'll probably upgrade to an R6.25 and give the DS-X to my sister.

7. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    But it still doesn't have IGR support.. I figured that was one feature that was mandatory in this day in age

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The ds-xtreme will never have things like cheat menus simply because they have a no rom talk attitude( which they stand by for a good reason). After you update theres no diffrence you cant even notice anything so yes its just bug fixes [​IMG]

9. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    What reason is that then? That they will get shut down? Lots of other sites talk about ROMs but don't link to them (like this one) and they're still around. Is there another reason?

- Sam

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well for a start gbatemp dont make flash cards that can run roms. The ds-x team are located in a place where it is illegal to make devices that allow roms. So if they advertise they support roms they would get shut down.

11. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Likewise. My sister is planning on getting an R4 soon, but I'll just give her my DS-X and keep the R4, she really doesn't care, as long as it works. [​IMG]

12. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

lol where are the ds-x fanboys? i would laugh at their faces

not to mention they said something BIG would happen in ds-x scene

13. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Heh. Team DS-X had huge potential in the market with English support and an advanced product but they've completely blown it and "lost" to an Eastern product supported by like 2 guys that don't even speak decent English.

We plan to re-score all reviews soon, and the DS-X will definitely not be on top.

14. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Um.. I think DS-X is a good flashcart. I personally prefer my R4, but how many other flashcarts boast uber NDS rom compat AND have BLINKING LEDS!?!?! DANCE LITTLE LEDS!

15. stop_loading

that seems like a hard work

at that time 9.5 is justifiable as it's the only one slot 1 flash card that works

16. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Meh, i´m quite happy with my Ds-X.
    It plays games and that´s about it what i wanted. Also, when i try uptade, it tells me my cart is a unknown device :wtf:

17. serg0

Member serg0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I once thought of getting a DS-X, what was I thinking. Good thing I got an r4 and m3 Lite perfect for the same price. XD

18. stop_loading

good job wasting your money?

R4 plays games too you know, with half the price and twice the compatibility [​IMG]

kk i'm just rubbing it in

19. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I was pretty much sold on the DS-X after GBAtemp's review, but I decided to wait, and then came the R4 [​IMG]

it seems everyone has something bad to say about the DS-X now, well, at least they haven't completely abandoned it

20. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I got a DS-X when they first came out (one for my girlfriend, too). It was the first DS cart I owned (had an EZFA for GBA before). I used it quite a bit, and it was all I knew in terms of carts. Then, I read about the R4, saw all the support for it, and the massive amount of praise for it. So, I decided to order an R4.

Two weeks later, my R4 arrives, and I notice that I need to load everything on the microSD first. "Oh, I'm not used to that, the DS-X is all on the cart itself. Oh well". Then after all is loaded and set up, I turn it on.

The next 10 seconds was of pure bliss. "Holy crap, it loaded itself pretty damn fast! Oh damn, the rom list loaded instantly! Holy shit, I'm already in the game!" See, the DS-X takes almost a full 5 minutes from power on to playing a game. I'm not kidding, it's as slow as it gets. Both my cart and my girlfriend's was that way. I used to turn it on, and set it aside to do something else while waiting.

Needless to say, my DS-X isn't used much... at all. I'll probably sell it, if anyone actually wants that slow thing. It's a night and day change from the DS-X to the R4. Oh, and skin support for the DS-X is pretty much non-existent. Quite a let down, there. I've already ordered another R4 for the lady, she's looking forward to it, that's for sure.