Misc DS/Wii gaming weekends

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing metroid: prime hunters US region. Wimmfi is ok, but it seams to give errors as well. I sugguest metroid and worms open warfare 2, so vote dor one game and one patcher (ALTWfc or Wimmfi). The next weekend will be on 23rd of October on 2:00pm-8:00pm (gmt+3) every day untill monday. The game that will be played will be announced before the start of the weekend. See you there! :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry but my DS Lite died today. :( First the upper screen stopped to work, when i was trying to open the case, i broke power switch. Don't buy refurbs.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In my country DSL and DSi in good contition is more expensive (about 200-250 PLN ~ 45-55 euros). I will try to replace the power switch and the top screen first, because rest of my console works and looks pretty well.

I just wondering is there a chance to replace the ribbon cable only and not the whole upper lcd? I found this topic https://gbatemp.net/threads/replaceing-ribbon-cable-for-ds-lite.220271/ but on the other hand in e-shops is a lot of stuff like "DS lite ribbon cable".

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well you could ask local electromechanics if they can help. Micro stuff like that is difficult, but not if you have right tools

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, i found some old ds lite with crashed R button for little money. :) I'll check it tommorow and who knows, maybe i'm gonna fix my crap before the "gaming weekend" start.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, i've changed top lcd and my DSL works great! I still haven't got new power switch, but i fixed it like MacGyver. :D I used needle, lighter, super glue and scissors. First i warmed up the needle and put it through the external switch, directly into the power switch inside console (i hope you know what i mean), then i just stick the needle to switch and cut off to make it better looking. Now when i move the switch, needle moves the power switch inside. :D

This is how it looks:

pow1.png

and this is how it works:

pow2.png

Sorry for the pictures quality, they've been taken by frying pan. :P

Last edited by Evil pol,

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry guys, Iz couldn't make it. Really really sorry, I will only be available tomorrow late. I will text when, have a good time.

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! There is gonna be an online gaming weekend on 6th - 8th of November on 3 pm (gmt+3). We will play metroid for nds (AltWfc). See you then! :)

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any chance to do some tests before the "gaming weekend"? Because i still can't connect with my friend (error 86420) and i don't know which one of us is the cause of problem.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm really interested in joining one of these gaming weekends although I'm having a hard time setting up AltWfc. Anyone care to help me?

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm ready to play. :) Well, i've never played it before, but that's ok. :D Maybe you should edit the first post and put there some info (with great, color font) about next / current gaming weekend, you know - date, game, link to altWFC.

Not everybody want to search in whole topic. :)

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is gonna be an online gaming weekend on 20th - 22nd of November on 3 pm (gmt+3). We will play mario cart for nds (AltWfc). See you then!

Last edited by auge,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans