Misc DS WEB BROWSER

schkorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a web brower for the DS, i have an R4 so a home brew one is prefered - ive dont a bit of searching but i can't seem to find any that are finished.

Cheers,

schkorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks ds organise works a treat
smile.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THere is also Okiwi DS homebrew browser tho I haven't seen any updates for it in awhile and last I knew it didnt properly display images...only text.

And there is the DSlinux web browser if you want to get DSlinux up and running, which might require a ram expansion anyway I'm not sure...

Also DS Hobro is a browser but it works by using your computer to download all the files then your comp shares them with the DS.

I also looked for bunjaloo in action but to no luck. I still use the DS browser despite trying all these things. DSO would probably get my vote for the homebrew browser tho,

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some benefits to the homebrew browsers, even though they often display pages wrong:
You can download stuff. Let's say you're at a hotel, and they offer free wifi. You connect with your DS, and download that latest 'homebrew', you wanted. Then you can play it without even being online. Or you could listen to Shoutcast via DSO, or download music, pictures, even videos if you've got ALOT of time to kill. Although, most people probably have laptops, and most people probably don't care about waiting. So my summary:
DS Web Browser for surfing.
DSOrganize for downloading.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
DSOrganize is a nice palm-like application, while the Nintendo DS Browser is focusing on the internet navigation.

If you looks for something closer to a computer rendering, go for the Nintendo DS Browser. If you plan to download web files, go for DSOrganize.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS Lite, so I use the official browser. For me to use homebrew, the router has to be set to channel 10. So I wouldn't be able to use a homebrew one out of the house.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and...