Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS Weather Report 0.4

Forecast telling application

Â
Sébastien THON (stravingo) has released version 0.4 of his new DS Weather Report homebrew. New in this version is coverage for central Europe, eastern Europe and Northen Africa. More than 3300 cities are now in the database. Read below for more...[title:DS Weather Report v0.4]This version 0.4 of DS Weather Report features many improvements:

* - Addition of Central Europe, Eastern Europe and North Africa countries.

* - More than 3300 cities in the included database (and always more than 40000 cities available by code).

* - More cities displayed on the world map.

* - Faster world map display, now at 60 FPS.

* - And last but not least, faster download time of weather information: a cache is now used on a server, with a duration of one hour. So, the download time of weather data for all the cities is now of 1 minute if the data are not cached, else it's only about 2 seconds!
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source / Home page

stravingo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
JPH11200 : the very first weather app on DS is named DS Live Weather, by Lick. However, DS Weather Report is a different project, by me (Sebastien Thon, alias Stravingo).

DS Weather Report version 0.5 is now available on my devblog. It is released just the day after version 0.4 because there was a bug in this previous version when you pressed Y to get help. This has been corrected, and there is already many other emprovements.

SHOT_v0.5_01.jpg

Here is the changelog:

- Bugfix: pressing Y for help made the app freeze. It is now corrected.

- Updating data with button X was no longer necessary as data is automatically downloaded when switching for the first time between names/icons/temperatures with button A. So, this function has been disabled.

- Button X is now used to switch between metric units and english units. Yes, you can now have temperatures in Fahrenheit, distances in miles, speeds in mph, etc.

- To accentuate the look of a weather channel, scrolling news headlines are displayed at the bottom of the lower screen. These headlines are live RSS streams coming from various sources: BBC.co.uk, Meteo-world.com, GameSpot.com, PAlib.info, etc. A total of 10 RSS streams are available, but other will be added. You can switch RSS stream by pressing with the stylus on the scrolling headlines.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you SOOO MUCH for Fahrenheit!!!!! I could do the conversion, but it's just plain great not to have to, this is truly one of the most useful programs for the ds, well done! The fit and finish is top notch

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
in r4 you have to wait for 5 seconds.

I can wait 5 minutes and nothing happens.
But now I think of it, wifi lib doesn't see my router (speedtouch 716) either when I use it on a DS Lite, it works on a phat DS or another router.
It's funny that you mention that. I don't know what wifi lib is(I'm assuming it's the homebrew Wifi library that's used to access the DS's wifi hardware) but I popped my R4 in to my DS Phat and DS Weather Report worked just fine. It sounds like there is indeed something strange going on between that library and the DS Lite.

Oh and for the record my AP is a Linksys WRT54G, a pretty standard router.

Tillypup

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to get this working on a DS-X?

I've downloaded v0.5 and DLDI patched it for the DS-X, but after a short period of white screens, it goes to black screens with the green power LED flashing.

I'm running v1.1.0 on my DS-X on a phat DS. I've tried the cities.dat in the apps folder and in the root, always the same.

Does the app normally announce itself before trying to connect via WI-FI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1