DS Save Extractor/Installer

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tankplanes98, May 27, 2009.

1. tankplanes98
    OP

tankplanes98 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    United States
    Is there any DS save extractor/installer that works with the DSi? All I have is an AceKard 2i. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE FOR EVUR!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    Dunno what youre trying to do exactly, since youre about as clear as a 12 year old retard in the description of youre problem. Have you tried using reinmoon or eepinator?

3. tankplanes98
    OP

tankplanes98 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    United States
    Well, i'm trying to extract saves from DS game carts... or at least I WANT to. I've tried reinmoon and it doesn't work because my DSi suprisingly lacks a GBA slot. And i'm assuming that this other program requires a slot-2 also. Correct?

4. Keeley

Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2008
    Canada
    Saskachewan
    may i ask why you want to extract a save? and yes i think both methods need a slot2

5. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Have you tried savsender? Only requires a slot 1.

6. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool, WiFi version. Needs a Slot 1 card and a computer running a server and WiFi. Reasonably straight-forward afaik, there's a tutorial for macs at the top of the DS Hardware, Devices and Utilities Forum, and at the bottom of that tutorial, there's a link to a Windows tutorial.

7. tankplanes98
    OP

tankplanes98 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    United States
    Whick is better? SavSender or the Rudolph one? I tried savsender and it won't connect to the server. I can't try the other one right now because i'm on my dsi.

8. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    well, if savsender doesn't work, try rudolph's tool. but ds homebrew on dsi sometimes can't use wifi properly. that may or may not occur here

9. tankplanes98
    OP

tankplanes98 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    United States
    I've tried both of them, and they both don't work.

10. Mienk

Mienk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    I'd try finding someone with an regular DS and see if the programs will work, since the DSi has some issues with the wifi function of programs written for the DS.

The OP is probably trying to do what I am, getting the save data off of the games we purchased to put them onto the acekard so they can have the same savs there.

11. Daihatsuboy

Daihatsuboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Might be the DSi.

As for SavSender, make sure you have all your settings right [ip, ports, etc.] and have all the necessary tools.
    It didn't work for me either... until I double-checked my ports. lol