DS repeatedly crashes with flashcard

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Teclo, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011
  1. Teclo
    OP

Newcomer Teclo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It's been happening for well over a year now, but infrequently enough that it never got to be a real problem. Sometimes out of the blue, sometimes if I move my arm a bit too suddenly, certainly if I put the DS down heavily, the game will freeze. I haven't played a game off a retail DS cart for years now so I can't really say if it's the DS itself, but I'm guessing it's more than likely to be the flashcard. I guess it could be the SD card.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is the M3 range perhaps known for this or have I just got a crappy one? Not only is it happening more frequently now (4 times today, the last 2 times were a couple of minutes apart) but I'm also trying to play Love Plus and that game is "aware" of players turning off the DS without saving and will actually punish you for doing so. Since it keeps crashing, the game thinks I'm repeatedly cheating by turning off the DS without saving (why it can't just autosave, I don't know).

Edit
    And it just happened again.

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Really common - the ds cart looses contact with the ds and the game freezes.

Look at the paper shim trick, use something to push the cart closer to the contacts on the DS

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States