Homebrew DS, R4, Kids and the menu

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My parents are buying my 2 kids a NDS each for christmas (Not the lite or DSi, the original NDS as this is what the maximum budget allows). I have got them an R4 card each as a stocking filler.

Now I've had a little play on it already on my DS, and I just wonder iof the menu will be a little too complicated for my 2 kids. Is there an ap or something out there that I van install that will improve the menu for younger children (age 6 and 8)

Many Thanks

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
If your prepared to do complicated stuff like Anti piracy bypass and stuff then its really easy, just press a on the selected game and if it says no sav file just press a again it can't really be easier

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
What IQ do your kids have? Seriously, my 8-year-old (dutch) sister figured it out, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for english kids.

Britain is the dumbest nation in the world. Fact.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad choice in flashcart, if you can I'd try and get it replaced for something else like an Acekard 2.1.

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The games they are fine with, they play on mine all the time. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit, but just thought there may be an easier way to it.

Second question then, if I follow the instructions for the YSmenu on one of the memory cards, can I just copy it to the other without having to go through the whole setup process?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
r4's really easy, an 7 year old friend understood it, so it shouldn't be no problem for kids. I once had a little fella wo didn't know how it worked. Had to explain him once, and he knows it fine until the present day. You are amazed how easy those kids pick it up.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Kids should be able to understand the menu... My mom didn't understand it, but she learned it just fine. LOL

I'm also sorry for this next useless comment.
scrtmstr said:
r4's really easy, an 7 year old friend understood it, so it shouldn't be no problem for kids. I once had a little fella wo didn't know how it worked. Had to explain him once, and he knows it fine until the present day. You are amazed how easy those kids pick it up.
From the way you worded that, it sounds like he didn't know it, then he knew it, and now he doesn't know it again. LOL

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I really wouldn't advise getting an r4 believe me I have one and its a nightmare to get it working with some of the more recent games. I know that money is an issue but if you get one of the better carts which admittedly will cost more then you shouldn't have to worry as much about rom compatibility since they still have teams providing updates. Also lots of the Anti Piracy protection is aimed at the R4 due to its popularity so in the long run some games may not work at all on the R4 and you would have saved money with a better cart.

Username_09

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Demonbart said:
What IQ do your kids have? Seriously, my 8-year-old (dutch) sister figured it out, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for english kids.

Britain is the dumbest nation in the world. Fact.
So true
tongue.gif

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all seem to be missing an important point.

The kids will want to play the games.
The kids will have to learn the menu systyem to play the games.
The kids will have a motivation to learn the menu system.
You will be amazed how fast they will learn that menu system in order to play their games.

Trust me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show