Hacking DS N5 Revolution is it a new r4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
it's so cheap, but must resist ... but i only have ~$17 on my papal-account .... nooooooooooooooo
frown.gif

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
I thought that N5 bricks your DS,just like a E7.
It does, but idiots see the 14$ price tag and are like "asdfasdfasdfsafd so cheap must buy." Not including the price of buying a new DS once it gets fucked up lol. It's even on the top sellers list at Dealextreme...

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
padawan said:
it's so cheap, but must resist ... but i only have ~$17 on my papal-account .... nooooooooooooooo
frown.gif
Avoid that flashcart like the devil!

redeath

Trophies
XP
Country
if you need original r4 try

www.redboxmodds.com

they got the real ones

free shipping in australia

smile.gif

iann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
I thought that N5 bricks your DS,just like a E7.
A relative of mine told me she had bought an R4 but couldn't get it to work, so I said I'd take a look.
She brought it over and left it for me to look at, when I had a look at it, it wasn't an R4 at all, it was an E7, (which I'd never seen before).

Anyway, I found that there was a crack in the microSD card, (probably caused by her daughter trying to insert it the wrong way), so I bought her a new microSD card.
So now I have a new microSD card but am a bit worried about testing this E7 in my DS.
What does it mean when people say it "Bricks the DS".

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't read the moonspeak, but I can tell when scribbles are identical.

N5
N5 是一款专为 Nintendo? DS 系列主机而开发的 Slot-1 烧录卡,同原装卡带同样大小同样厚度,具有烧录游戏、自制程序和多媒体功能,是 DS 用户不可缺少的外围设备。

R4
R4 是一款专为 Nintendo® DS 系列主机而开发的 Slot-1 烧录卡,同原装卡带同样大小同样厚度,具有烧录游戏、自制程序和多媒体功能,是 DS 用户不可缺少的外围设备。

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CPhantom said:
I can't read the moonspeak, but I can tell when scribbles are identical.

N5
N5 ????? Nintendo? DS ???????? Slot-1 ????????????????????????????????????? DS ????????????

R4
R4 ????? Nintendo® DS ???????? Slot-1 ????????????????????????????????????? DS ????????????

Uh, sorry to tell you this, but we already found that out awhile back. They use similar description, just like all the other R4 clones out there. (Other than the M3 Simply)

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it safe to use N5 firmwares on original R4s, seeing that R4 updates will be taking a bit of time before their next release?

HabaneroShawty

Trophies
XP
Country
This is an old topic but I signed up to 'report' about N5. I have been using the N5 for about two weeks now and games run on it great but with bearable flaws. Mine's the 1.19 version and you have to wait for like 2-3 seconds for the Interface to appear. I've tried several recently released games for it and it's just fine.

Here's the list of games I tried:
The World Ends With You - There's a problem with the background music but game still runs smoothly. The problem with the background music might be the rom's flaw, though.
Professor Layton and The Curious Village - game runs perfectly.
Final Fantasy IV - game runs perfectly.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom of the Hourglass, FFCC Ring of Fates, Ninja Gaiden Double Swords runs perfectly. I'll be trying more games and will report back. N5 is really not that bad.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
padawan said:
frown.gif

buy a DSTT instead!!! they are not rip off clone cards and they get good updates and its within your budget!

@CPhantom thats because they BLATENTLY RIPPED OFF THE R4 SITE TOO AND ALL THE TEXT IN IT AND GFX! and just slightly modded it to suite DS N5 same as R4 ADVANCE and R4 III etc etc etc!
frown.gif

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
kobykaan said:
padawan said:
frown.gif

buy a DSTT instead!!! they are not rip off clone cards and they get good updates and its within your budget!

hehe, i was just kiddin'. i already have a few good cards and don't need a new one atm. the n5 is under $14 now
blink.gif

does the 'fuse blown' problem still exist with the new fw ?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Firmware doesn't fix the problem, it's a hardware issue with how they're built, though to be honest I've not really heard about brickings lately o.=.O

HabaneroShawty

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
2 weeks mean nothing. When you get to two months and it survives, then report.

Yeah, right. I'll do that. Were there issues of the card's performance if it's in or not in use?

anubiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does N5 work? depot888.com adds it. I saw many site selling it now. is it better than R4/DSTT?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The N5 has been shown to be an R4 clone as with all the other R4's being sold currently, so best choice out of those would be the DSTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT