DS modding noob

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by timiscute, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timiscute
    OP

timiscute Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    Hey I was just wondering what exactly I need to be able to play homebrew on my ds. I know theres all those different flashcarts but which one's the best? Do the flashcarts have memory built in or do I need a mini sd card for it too? Thanks for the help

~Tim

btw i have a ds lite if that makes any difference

2. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    A flashcart and a micro SD card are needed. Get a Supercard DSTWO or Acekard 2i.

3. MaxNuker

MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Mar 21, 2011
    Portugal
    you need a micro sd card for almost any flashcart... atleast the newers...

if you have a nice budget i'd go for the SuperCard DSTwo - has gba emulator, snes emulator, MANY MANY features and plays ds games too

if you are low on budget i'd go with a Acekard 2i , but if you have a DSi / Dsi XL you'll need a ds phat / ds lite to update it to the lastest firmware and also play's ds games backups a.k.a roms

4. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Most Acekards come flashed for DSi already, and now some are flashed for 3DS already. Anyways, he is using DS lite.

@ timiscute - MaxNuker nailed the info. What he said is exactly right.

5. timiscute
    OP

timiscute Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    I think I'll get a Supercard dstwo if its the best. What size minisd card should I get? and any suggestions on a reputable website to order it from?

6. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
    You should NOT get a MiniSD card. You need a MicroSD card; they're not the same or physically compatible. Shoptemp's recommended shops all sell MicroSD cards pretty cheaply, but buying from eBay/locally is never a problem [​IMG]

7. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    eBay is full of fakes, so beware when you buy from there. And most of the times they are overpriced.

8. MaxNuker

MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Mar 21, 2011
    Portugal
    hmmm i didnt know most sites sell them flashed already... i only own M3i Zero but im looking to buy a acekard 2i or a SC DSTWO ( trying to get money for SC DSTWO ) and i had to flash my m3i zero in home... and i still have to flash it ( using the upgrade cable ofc, thats one of the good things that the m3i zero has [​IMG], but would be no problem for me, i own a ds phat and a dsi, gonna get 3ds later this year, no money now xD)

9. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.