DS Maps for the DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by lengchaidude, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009

DS Maps for the DSi by lengchaidude at 12:02 PM (1,371 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. lengchaidude
    OP

Newcomer lengchaidude Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Can anyone help me on how to get DS Maps working on the DSi ?

It just says downloading most of the time ... and I sort of see it try to move when I try to scroll with the directional key pad.

I am using a 4Gb microSD card (FAT32) on a R4i ultra.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks.

2. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm seeing a lot of folks having problems with the DSi and WiFi Homebrew. Have you got any homebrew wifi working? Beup is the most popular (if you use MSN).

3. Adpon

Newcomer Adpon Member

Canada
    DS Maps on mine doesn't work either on my DSi, but my wifi with homebrew does work.

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Works on my Lite it sucks only has Europe.

5. lengchaidude
    OP

United Kingdom
    The Homebrew airscan seems to work

Also, the DS Remote is working fine as I can connect to my computer via my home wifi network.

Any help anyone ?

6. ChuckMcB

United Kingdom
    Thanks for confirming lengchaidude, that means that WiFi works, and connecting to your internal network is fine (did you use an IP address or a host name to connect to your computer?).

Double check to make sure that you can connect to external sites using your DS (firewall settings on your router stopping your DSi from getting out?), also check the DNS server settings you are using, try changing it to the one your computer uses, the one your ISP runs or a third party one like openDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220)

7. lengchaidude
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks ChuckMcB

I will look into the DNS settings ... but as far as I can tell, my DS can access the internet.

I have downloaded the official free web browser that is available via the Nintendo DS website and I can browse the internet, but that is via the Nintendo DS menu system.

I have not tried to browse the internet via my flash card + homebrew web browser, but I don't think that is the problem.

As for the DNS, I think everything is set to automatic (both DNS server address and ip address)?

8. ChuckMcB

United Kingdom
    Yup, that is the default setting, but sometimes DS Homebrew needs a helping hand.

9. lengchaidude
    OP

United Kingdom
    I am not an expert on setting up networks ... so I am not keen to change the DNS / IP settings on my DSi.

However, i did try beup live and it works fine.

Any other ideas ? Has anyone got DS Maps working on the DSi ?

Thanks.